Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
If you need support with an eating disorder we're here to help. We understand that if you're taking the first steps towards recovery yourself, or if you're worried about a family member or a loved one, you're bound to have some questions along the way.
We've compiled some of our frequently asked questions below but should you need any further assistance, our caring team is available and happy to help guide you through the process.
We specialise in treating children and young people with eating disorders, the age group we treat is 8-18 years.
Everyone at Schoen Clinic Newbridge is a specialist in helping people with eating disorders. There are lots of staff, groups and sessions for you because eating disorders are complicated, with many different causes. There are many different parts to your treatment including nursing care, family, occupational therapy, dietetics individual therapies and an extensive group programme.
We want to treat you fully and effectively so you can return to your home, family and friends as soon as possible. We constantly assess how you are getting on and we start planning for your discharge at an early stage.
£685 per day for private inpatient treatment and £325 for an initial clinical assessment.
Your local CAMH’s team usually arrange NHS referrals to Schoen Clinic Newbridge or GPs can refer for treatment privately.
Yes of course. Please speak to the team locally for current visiting hours.
Yes. As our young people work through the treatment programme, time away from Schoen Clinic Newbridge and weekend leave become part of the treatment model.
It is helpful to bring:
- Individually labelled clothes for daytime, night time and outdoors
- Wash bag and toiletries
- Your own duvet, pillow and covers
- Posters and pictures for your room
- Books and magazines
- A CD player, DVD player and/or a portable TV for your room
- If you have hobbies you enjoy, for example craft or writing, it is a good idea to bring whatever you need
- You can bring some of the school work you are doing, although our teachers are in contact with your school so don’t worry about bringing everything
- It is useful if you bring in telephone numbers and addresses of the people you need to be in contact with while you are at Newbridge
Like all healthcare facilities, we have enhanced safety protocols in place in line with government guidelines for the protection of our colleagues and patients. Please speak to the local team for the latest information.