A self-motivated and professional individual to deliver safe quality care for patients during their perioperative phase of care. To support and assist in the management and organisation of care provision within the Operating Department.
- Support the team to deliver care that helps improve the health of the individual and wider community.
- Support the team in demonstrating compassion through effective relationships based on empathy, respect and dignity.
- Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient.
- Act as an advocate for safeguarding patients; demonstrate courage to speak up when there are concerns about care.
- Complete mandatory surgical checks prior to the start of the procedure, during and pre wound closure
- Monitor the patient’s condition throughout the procedure, taking appropriate action to manage any arising complications through contingency planning.
- Monitor, order, receive and check stock items including prosthesis, equipment/instruments and drugs.
- Administer any drugs or fluids in accordance with the appropriate Schoen Clinic policy.
- Ensure any accidents or complaints are fully documented and that the appropriate manager is informed.
- Delivery of quality care within the CQC standards relevant to the department
Due to the commitment to continuous improvement, it is likely that the post will evolve over time. These duties will be subject to regular review and any amendments will be made in consultation and agreement with the post holder.
OUR AWARDS & NOMINATIONS
- HOSPITAL GROUP OF YEAR - WINNER
- Nursing Practice (Schoen Clinic Newbridge)
- Healthcare Outcomes (Schoen Clinic Newbridge)
- Management Excellence (Schoen Clinic UK)
- Hospital (Schoen Clinic London)
- HOSPITAL - WINNER
- Hospital Group (Schoen Clinic London)
- Nursing Practice (Schoen Clinic London)
Schoen Clinic Culture
Our culture of world-class medical excellence is based around our five key values:
Accountable Taking ownership of the things I say and do
Caring Treating others as I would like to be treated
Collaborative Working together to make a winning team
Courageous Being proud to be different and challenge the norm
Determined Seeing things through to meet and exceed expectations
Due to the volumes of applications we expect to receive, Schoen Clinic reserves the right to close the job advert before its assigned closing date if we find the ideal candidate for this position.
Whilst Schoen Clinic value the services of recruitment agencies, we do not wish to engage on this occasion. Thank you.
Schoen Clinic Orthopaedic and Spinal Hospital LondonJob Type
Competitive hourly ratesClosing Date
16 August 2022Benefits
Competitive hourly rates Highly motivated team Ortho/spine/pain specialities Intensivist led care with employed surgeons
- Registered Operating Department Practitioner or Registered Nurse with the appropriate scrub, anaesthetics and/or recovery skills.
- Proficient in using systems and software packages.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Motivated and enthusiastic.
- Caring and professional nature.
- Drive and enthusiasm, the ability to work in a team and to use their initiative.
- Punctual and reliable
- Previous experience in working within the acute healthcare sector.