As a Bank Healthcare Assistant, you will work as an integral part of the nursing and multidisciplinary team, providing a high standard of patient-centred care and meeting the needs of patients, consultants and colleagues.
- Focuses on the needs of customers, primarily our patients and consultants. Identifies and prioritises the customer’s needs. Understands situations from the customer's perspective, and provides solutions, which fit the customer's needs
- Focuses on customer service and care and takes a proactive approach to their needs and ownership of their issues
- Support the team to deliver care that helps improve the health of the individual and wider community, demonstrating compassion through effective relationships based on empathy, respect and dignity
- Develop own competence to deliver effective care and treatments through improving clinical/technical knowledge/skill, and expertise
- Act as an advocate for safeguarding patients, demonstrate courage to speak up when there are concerns about care
- Conduct yourself professionally within the HCA standard framework, understanding the standards in accordance with the Nursing Midwifery Council (NMC) Codes of professional Conduct and the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Support colleagues and senior staff to help promote good team morale, leading by example with one’s own professional behaviour
- Communicate clearly, effectively and appropriately with the multidisciplinary team, patients and their family, visitors and carers
- Be aware and able to recognise emergency situations, initiate basic life support and summon the crash team when necessary
- Share responsibility for infection prevention and control, including the tidying and cleaning of clinical areas
- Undertake administrative and clerical tasks associated with patient care to facilitate the smooth running of the department
- To be aware of your responsibilities in relation to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. To ensure you are aware of your responsibilities, supporting policies and undertake the appropriate level of training for your role.
- Due to the commitment to continuous improvement, it is likely that the post will evolve over time. These duties will be subject to regular review and any amendments will be made in consultation and agreement with the post holder.
Due to the commitment to continuous improvement, it is likely that the post will evolve over time. These duties will be subject to regular review and any amendments will be made in consultation and agreement with the post holder.
OUR AWARDS & NOMINATIONS
- HOSPITAL GROUP OF YEAR - WINNER
- Nursing Practice (Schoen Clinic Newbridge)
- Healthcare Outcomes (Schoen Clinic Newbridge)
- Management Excellence (Schoen Clinic UK)
- Hospital (Schoen Clinic London)
- HOSPITAL - WINNER
- Hospital Group (Schoen Clinic London)
- Nursing Practice (Schoen Clinic London)
Schoen Clinic Culture
Our culture of world-class medical excellence is based around our five key values:
Accountable Taking ownership of the things I say and do
Caring Treating others as I would like to be treated
Collaborative Working together to make a winning team
Courageous Being proud to be different and challenge the norm
Determined Seeing things through to meet and exceed expectations
Due to the volumes of applications we expect to receive, Schoen Clinic reserves the right to close the job advert before its assigned closing date if we find the ideal candidate for this position.
Whilst Schoen Clinic value the services of recruitment agencies, we do not wish to engage on this occasion. Thank you.
Schoen Clinic Orthopaedic and Spinal Hospital LondonJob Type
Competitive hourly ratesClosing Date
31 August 2022Benefits
Competitive hourly rates High Staff to Patient ratio Working in a highly motivated team with leading clinicians Consultant Intensivist led care
- Have experience of customer care, including interacting with customers in challenging situations.,
- Previous experience working within the acute healthcare sector
- Previous experience working within surgical speciality
- Flexible and adaptable
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- Holding a caring and Professional nature
- Drive and enthusiasm
- Ability to work in a team, and using own initiative
- Punctual and reliable.