Is patient care at the heart of what you do? Our award-winning Impatient team (Schoen Clinic London voted Best Private UK Hospital (Acute & Mental) 2019 - Laing Buisson Awards) is looking for high calibre nurses who can combine patient care excellence, exceptional clinical capabilities, and caring approaches to join our orthopaedic and spinal hospital in London.
With a passion for patient care, a collaborative work ethic and drive to exceed expectations, our staff nurses are tasked with ensuring that the highest standard of evidence-based nursing care is delivered to all patients and their families.
This role would be ideal for experienced nurses looking to advance their career in an award-winning hospital.
- To ensure that the highest standard of evidence-based nursing care is delivered to all patients and their families
- To act as a patient advocate, ensuring privacy, dignity and confidentiality are met
- To report any issues that are identified by patients or their relatives on a timely basis
- To ensure that all provision of nursing care is documented on a timely basis and accurately reflects the patient experience
- To ensure that individual consultant care protocols are followed,
- To ensure a high standard of infection control and the prevention of all avoidable healthcare-associated infections.
- To administer all drugs and medications as per the local policies and procedures
- To report to the senior nurses any nursing issues of significance or concern
- To ensure that all policies, procedures, guidelines and work instructions that relate to nursing are followed.
- To maintain sound and effective working relationships and communication with all hospital staff and consultants.
AS A STAFF NURSE YOU WILL:
- Hold a relevant nursing qualification
- Be able to demonstrate good levels of recent CPD
- Have up to date registration with the NMC
- Have experience working in an orthopaedic and spinal hospital setting
FANTASTIC SHIFT ENHANCEMENTS:
- Nights 20% extra/ hour
- Bank Holidays 50% extra/ hour
- Weekend days 20% extra/ hour
- Weekend nights 30% extra/ hour
SCHOEN CLINIC BEHAVIOURS
Our culture of world-class medical excellence is based around our five key values:
Accountable: Taking ownership of the things I say and do
Caring: Treating others as I would like to be treated
Collaborative: Working together to make a winning team
Courageous: Being proud to be different and challenge the norm
Determined: Seeing things through to meet and exceed expectations
Due to the volume of applications we receive, Schoen Clinic reserves the right to close roles prior to the specified closing date if a suitable candidate is identified.
Due to the commitment to continuous improvement, it is likely that the post will evolve over time. These duties will be subject to regular review and any amendments will be made in consultation and agreement with the post holder.
Schoen Clinic Orthopaedic and Spinal Hospital LondonJob Type
£40,000 - £42,000 inclusive of unsocial hours enhancements. *Base salary up to £36,500*Closing Date
30 May 2022Benefits
Welcome Bonus of £1,500! 25 days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays Salary up to £42,000 (base salary up to £36,500) with an annual salary review Shift enhancements payable monthly on top of base salary for unsocial hours worked Free meals provided on night shifts Professional development opportunities Contributory pension scheme Enhanced Private Medical Insurance with BUPA including access to a private GP service, free screening & the inclusion of pre-existing conditions. Eye care scheme with Specsavers Online benefits portal with high street and online shopping discounts Cycle to work scheme Group Life Assurance Enhanced maternity & paternity pay Paid emergency leave Occupational Sick Pay above SSP Interest free season ticket loans Employee Assistance Programme with wellbeing support
- Registered Nurse
- Experience a minimum of one years’ post registration
- experience within a surgical setting
- Skills and Knowledge Up to date on current nursing practice
- Ability to plan care
- Ability to manage a personal caseload
- Understanding of on-going professional development requirements
- Good communication skills - Verbal & written
- Sound interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer care skills
- Understanding of private medicine and the relevant legislative frameworks
- Knowledge of clinical governance
- Knowledge of care standards & the role of the CQC
- Enthusiastic approach
- Self-motivated and Flexible