To work as part of the multidisciplinary team the Staff Nurse (RMN) will provide high quality support to enable young people to help themselves in their recovery from their eating disorder.
The role itself suits highly professional and experienced Staff Nurses who provide competent and empathic clinical care to inpatients, according to the treatment plans prescribed by the MDT. The successful applicant will be responsible for planning, implementing, assessing, and evaluating nursing care, using evidence-based practice. You will be used to utilising a patient-centred approach, working closely with patients and their families and involving them in care planning.
Schoen Clinic Newbridge is an award winning and specialist Eating Disorder facility based in Streetly, Sutton Coldfield, providing in and out-patient services to young people aged between 8-18yrs. With an enviable reputation for excellent service provision, our unit was rated “Outstanding” by the CQC in 2016 and 2018 and we were Hospital Group of The Year and Nursing Practice winners in both 2019 and 2020. As our reputation in service excellence continues to grow, we are currently recruiting for full-time and part-time Staff Nurses to join our warm and professional team at Schoen Clinic Newbridge. You will be working as part of a highly talented and close multi-disciplinary team of professionals and the support that you will provide will enable young people to help themselves in their recovery from their eating disorder.
This roles is full time, 37.5 hours a week
Our shift patterns are as follows:
- Early - 7:00am-3:00pm
- Late - 1:00pm-9:00pm
- Nights - 8:00pm-8:00am
- Contribute to highly specialist assessment of eating disorders in young people.
- Establish therapeutic relationships with patients.
- Assist in the development, co-facilitation and staffing of therapeutic groups.
- Maintain appropriate, supportive and respectful relationships with carers and family members
- Ensure that confidentiality is maintained at all times in accordance with the General Data Protection Act, The Children Act, Safeguarding legislation, the NMC and Newbridge House Policy.
- Operate at own level of professional competency.
- Contribute to appropriate multi-disciplinary meetings.
- Manage the implementation of therapeutic meal provision.
- Be responsible for the safe storage and administration of medicines and clinical equipment.
- Demonstrate awareness of safeguarding principles in all dealings with young people and their families
Schoen Clinic Newbridge BirminghamJob Type
Up to £34,500 (Plus Enhancements)Closing Date
01 December 2023Benefits
• Salary up to £34,500 (Plus Enhancements) with an annual salary review • Welcome bonus • 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays • Professional development opportunities • Contributory pension scheme • Enhanced Private Medical Insurance with BUPA including access to a private GP service, free screening & the inclusion of pre-existing conditions. • Eye care scheme with Specsavers • Online benefits portal with high street and online shopping discounts • Cycle to work scheme • Group Life Assurance • Enhanced maternity & paternity pay • Paid emergency leave • Occupational Sick Pay above SSP • Interest free season ticket loans • Employee Assistance Programme with wellbeing support
- Skills in clinical risk assessment
- Knowledge of Mental Health Act and Children Act.
- Knowledge of NICE guidelines for the treatment of eating disorders.
- Knowledge of Junior Marzipan guidelines for the treatment of eating disorder
- Knowledge of Safeguarding legislation and practice
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries.
- Experience of using Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work as an effective team member, displaying a flexible and supportive approach when appropriate
- Ability to work sensitively with clients, relatives and carers.