To work as part of the multi-disciplinary team in a unique, innovative and fast growing service, you will need to be adaptable, creative and able to provide high levels of support to patients through their recovery from their eating disorder and any associated co-morbidities.
As Health Care Assistant (HCA), you will be responsible for assisting the nursing staff to implement the care plans of patients at Schoen Clinic York. The nursing staff will decide the detailed care plans in conjunction with best practice (e.g., NICE guidelines), and HCAs will participate in the development and implementation of daily activities to support the care plans.
- To work within an awareness of NICE guidelines
- To have an understanding of the mental health act, mental capacity act, safeguarding responsibilities and human rights.
- To be responsible for establishing therapeutic relationships with the patients.
- Undertake regular physical observations of patients, as directed by nursing staff, and feedback on their level of risk appropriately.
- To support and supervise patients when on community leave.
- To support and supervise patients at mealtimes, which may involve supporting patients and nurses with Naso-gastric feeding.
- To liaise with Staff Nurses, Occupational Therapists and MDT members in terms of unit activity.
- To report any issue of concern to Staff Nurses.
- To work within the Health and Safety policies in accordance with Schoen Clinic guidelines.
- Demonstrate awareness of safeguarding principles in all dealings with young people and their families.
- Assist Occupational therapists and Assistant psychologists to deliver therapies, as time permits, and with agreement of nursing staff.
- As per the needs of the hospital, help staff and support other on-site services.
Schoen Clinic YorkJob Type
£10.47 per hourClosing Date
21 January 2024Benefits
£10.47 per hour
- A good standard of education, ideally NVQ level 2 of equivalent
- Must be able to demonstrate good interpersonal skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to ensure safe practice
- Working in a healthcare setting
- Able to maintain professional boundaries with patients
- Experience in MS office systems
- Experience of working effectively in a multidisciplinary team
- Experience of working sensitively with patients, carers and relatives