We are looking for an experienced and highly professional individual to be a dynamic Practice Manager. This is challenging role which requires exceptional attention to detail and commitment with the successful applicant showing enthusiasm and engagement in learning all aspects of the practice. You must be able to use your initiative confidently and appropriately whilst maintaining the highest level of patient confidentiality.
The role requires the ability to prioritise and manage work load due to the constant intensity and demand of the position. You must be able to work under pressure whist continuing to go above and beyond your responisbilities.
- Providing practice manager support for a Consultant with a thriving practice.
- Proactively manage e-mail and calendars for the Consultant to avoid conflicts and to ensure efficient and best use of time across multiple demands
- Respond promptly to all written and verbal queries from patients and relatives, escalating to the consultants if required
- Book / amend patient consultations and treatments and liaise with other departments to ensure a smooth process of admissions including pre and post-operative care making sure follow-ups are managed via calls or emails
- Work with the Reservations team to book / amend procedures to ensure a smooth process of admissions including pre and post-operative care
- Responsibility for following up patient test results
- Register new patients and ensure that all patient records are kept up to date, including referrer information, NOK, contact details and relevant medical records
- Support Consultants attendance at conferences, lectures and personal appearances
- Build strong relationships with referrers and ensure referrer details are accurately recorded in the system.
- Perform database and file system management
- Document and distribute dates of consultants’ leave and medical cover arrangements to relevant areas
- Process patient billing, chasing non-payments and medical insurance claims
- Responsibility for collecting Self-Pay debt prior to episode of care and accountability for ensuring this is followed up appropriately.
- Responsibility for ensuring Private Medical Insurance Data is correct, and liaising with the patient should the details or requirements change.
- Regularly assess working practices to identify possible improvements and improve efficiency
- Work together with the Consultant and the Sales team to effectively promote and increase referrals
- Manage agreed projects and initiatives
- Build strong relationships with Patients ensuring the highest level of customer service. Including the handling of complaints and feedback.
- Work with Marketing on case studies and positive feedback reviews to build and grow the practice
- Maintain processes and practises in alignment with company policies and operate in a collaborative style with key stakeholders and colleagues across the business
- Provide cover for other Practice Managers as required
Schoen Clinic Orthopaedic and Spinal Hospital LondonJob Type
12 month - Fixed TermCategory
Up to £37,200 (depending on experience)Closing Date
22 May 2022Benefits
Salary up to £37,200 (depending on experience) per annum with an annual salary review This is a full time position, working 37.5 hours per week 25 days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays Pension scheme Private Medical Insurance Eye Care Scheme Online Benefits Portal Training & development opportunities
- Excellent attention to detail & strong understanding and respect for confidentiality
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal) with ability to communicate effectively across all client groups/stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively in a very pressured/time sensitive environment
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel & Word) and other IT systems
- Self-motivated with ability to prioritise and schedule work independently
- Highly organised and detail orientated
- Willing and adaptable in terms of working hours – out of hours work may be required
- Extensive experience in managing a complex and busy practice