Newbridge House is a specialist Eating Disorder unit in Sutton Coldfield, providing inpatient services to children and young people 8 to 18, and was recently rated as Outstanding by the CQC. We have a family-centred approach, recognising that effective treatment for a young person with an eating disorder must be fully inclusive and supportive of their family.
Following an expansion of our unit, we are looking for additional Healthcare Assistants to assist our Nursing staff in delivering the care plans for our young people. You will have NVQ level 2 or equivalent, excellent verbal and written communications skills. Ideally a minimum of 12 months experience of working in a residential clinical environment is desirable. Working within a multi-disciplinary team, you must be competent to undertake basic physical observations and record these on our electronic patient record systems
Schoen Clinic Culture
Our culture of world-class medical excellence is based around our five key values:
Accountable Taking ownership of the things I say and do
Caring Treating others as I would like to be treated
Collaborative Working together to make a winning team
Courageous Being proud to be different and challenge the norm
Determined Seeing things through to meet and exceed expectations
- The role of the Health Care Assistant (HCA) is to assist the nursing staff to implement the care plans of young people at Newbridge
- Undertake regular physical observations of young people, as directed by nursing staff, and feedback appropriately.
- To support and supervise patients at meal times
- To liaise with Staff Nurses and Occupational Therapists in terms of unit activity.
- Assist Occupational therapists and Assistant psychologists to deliver therapies, as time permits, and with agreement of nursing staff.
- To be responsible for establishing therapeutic (healing) relationships with the patients.
Due to the commitment to continuous improvement, it is likely that the post will evolve over time. These duties will be subject to regular review and any amendments will be made in consultation and agreement with the post holder.
Schoen Clinic Newbridge BirminghamJob Type
30 May 2022Benefits
£9.29 per hour Training & Development Opportunities
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent Can demonstrate clear evidence of professional development
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary team
- Experience of working sensitively with patients
- Must be able to demonstrate good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Must be able to ensure safe practice
- Able to maintain professional boundaries
- Experienced in MS Office systems in particular Word and Outlook
- Able to organise and prioritise time effectively
- To work as an effective team member and display a adaptable and supportive approach when appropriate
- Experience of using IT based patient record systems(Desirable)
- At least 12 months experience of working as a HCA in an inpatient environment (Desirable)
- To demonstrate an awareness and commitment to equality and diversity Knowledge of MHA and Children Act Knowledge of NICE guidelines for the treatment of eating disorders (Desirable)
- Knowledge of safeguarding Competent to undertake basic physical observations.