A dual role comprising of kitchen working to prepare and serve breakfast and snacks for patients and supporting the dietetic team through administration tasks and representation at multidisciplinary meetings.
This is a full time position of 37.5 hours per week.
- Food preparation and service, setting tables preparing meals as prescription for the patients
- Attendance at multidisciplinary team meetings to provide the dietetic feedback written by the dietitian and gather information discussed in meeting for handover to the dietitian.
- Administration tasks to include scanning, data inputting, emails to parents and community teams to support the dietetic team as detailed below.
- Food preparation and service
- Support in receiving deliveries of food items and stocktaking.
- Stock taking using prepared stock sheets
- Stock rotation of dry store, fridges and freezers.
- Ordering using an online shopping system to support chef team where required.
- Complete opening checks in the kitchen and report any concerns such as equipment failure or temperature checks to the lead Dietitian.
- Communicate effectively with patients. This involves giving advice to patients with emotional, physical and psychological difficulties where acceptance can be challenging and patients can become distressed.
- Communicate with referring agents and other agents as necessary, through personal, written, telephone or email contact.
- Work with all disciplines and the catering department to prescribe dietary intake for each patient throughout their admission.
Schoen Clinic Newbridge BirminghamJob Type
Full time, PermanentCategory
up to £22,000Closing Date
15 December 2023Benefits
• Salary up to £22,000 with an annual salary review • 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays • Professional development opportunities • Contributory pension scheme • Enhanced Private Medical Insurance with BUPA including access to a private GP service, free screening & the inclusion of pre-existing conditions. • Eye care scheme with Specsavers • Online benefits portal with high street and online shopping discounts • Cycle to work scheme • Group Life Assurance • Enhanced maternity & paternity pay • Paid emergency leave • Occupational Sick Pay above SSP • Interest free season ticket loans • Employee Assistance Programme with wellbeing support
- Knowledge of Safeguarding responsibilities and relevant legislation.
- Evidence of CPD.
- Ability to reflect and critically appraise own performance.
- Ability to give and receive feedback constructively.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to prioritise tasks
- Good time management.
- Leadership skills
- Excellent communicator.
- Previous dietetic experience post qualification NHS experience
- Experience of working within a mental health setting, preferably eating disorders