As a key member of the Finance Department you will be primarily responsible for ensuring the timely collection of any debts from all funding sources. This will include a range of duties relating to cash management and Credit Control within the Patient Finance team whilst engaging with, supporting and partnering with Companies and Sponsors, Clinics, NHS and Self Pay Patients.
- Ensure delivery of monthly cash collection targets and aged debt targets across the payor portfolio. Provide expertise and insight into any debt uncollected, identifying future options for progress.
- Act as point of contact for patient debt and invoice queries, ensuring that any reasons for non-payment of debt is quickly and effectively resolved.
- Develop effective working relationships with key stakeholder including internal colleagues, Insurers and 3rd party contacts in assigned accounts to facilitate the ongoing resolution of outstanding debt.
- Ensure that incoming cash is correctly and promptly matched to the relevant invoice/credit notes.
- Proactively manage allocated cash balances and take the necessary action to ensure these are minimal, thereby ensuring the integrity of statements issued to debtors.
- Ensure that all reconciliation are completed in line with required timetables
- Undertake timely chasing of, and take updated action on, all outstanding debts to enable timely debt recovery/bad and long term debt to be minimized. Escalate any non-response to UK Head of finance.
- Provide feedback and support in identifying and making process changes that will prevent of debt.
- Follow up disputed items on issued debtor statements and take proactive action, to ensure their timely resolution. working closely with colleagues to facilitate the collection of debt and escalate as required
- Review potential bad debt on a regular basis, and refer proposed bad debt write offs to the UK head of Finance in accordance with the company policy
- Provide billing support as required
Schoen Clinic UKJob Type
Permanent, Full TimeCategory
£26,000 - £30,000Closing Date
30 May 2022Benefits
Salary up to £30,000 with an annual salary review 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays Professional development opportunities Contributory pension scheme Enhanced Private Medical Insurance with BUPA including access to a private GP service, free screening & the inclusion of pre-existing conditions. Eye care scheme with Specsavers Online benefits portal with high street and online shopping discounts Cycle to work scheme Group Life Assurance Enhanced maternity & paternity pay Paid emergency leave Occupational Sick Pay above SSP Interest free season ticket loans Employee Assistance Programme with wellbeing support
- Maths and English GCSE
- Knowledge of the Legal Debt Recovery Process.
- Knowledge and understanding of private patient healthcare.
- Credit Management Qualification, eg AICM (desirable)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and good verbal reasoning.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills.
- Ability to question and learn quickly.
- High degree of numeracy.
- Ability to meet deadlines through effective organisational and planning skills.
- Ability to remain calm and professional during debt payment negotiations.
- Positive Team Player.
- Flexible and adaptable - able to manage competing and changing workloads.
- Ability to work under own initiative.
- Methodical approach to work.
- Proven experience at managing aged debt
- Relevant Accounts Receivable / Credit control experience
- Demonstrable debt negotiation experience.
- Experience of manipulating/ interrogating ledger and information systems.
- Demonstrably good IT skills including Excel skills.
- Experience of SAP ledger system