The Chef at Schoen Clinic Chelsea will provide a catering service to the eating disorder day patients at the Chelsea Clinic. The Chef will also deliver the therapeutic menu designed by the Dietetic team to patients and the staff supporting these meals. Flexible hours required as we provide some evening meals.
- General preparation of meals and snacks, following principles of food hygiene
- Assist in the serving of meals to the patients in the designated dining area
- Preparing and providing food for patients with dietary restrictions
- To monitor and report on stock control
- To carry out routine checks on kitchen equipment to ensure it is safe to use.
- To ensure that meals are prepared in a timely manner
Schoen Clinic Centre for Mental Health ChelseaJob Type
Part Time, PermanentCategory
£22,000 - £24,000Closing Date
30 May 2022Benefits
25 days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays Salary up to £24,000 with an annual salary review Shift enhancements payable monthly on top of base salary for unsocial hours worked Free meals provided on night shifts Professional development opportunities Contributory pension scheme Enhanced Private Medical Insurance with BUPA including access to a private GP service, free screening & the inclusion of pre-existing conditions. Eye care scheme with Specsavers Online benefits portal with high street and online shopping discounts Cycle to work scheme Group Life Assurance Enhanced maternity & paternity pay Paid emergency leave Occupational Sick Pay above SSP Interest free season ticket loans Employee Assistance Programme with wellbeing support
- Level 2 in food safety or equivalent.
- Knowledge of basic nutritional standards.
- Basic knowledge of special dietary needs, including religious and cultural
- Awareness of good hygiene standards.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety in the kitchen.
- Knowledge of COSHH.
- Knowledge of HACCP.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, carers and members of the multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience of working to deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure..
- Two years or equivalent experience of working in a similar environment and menu planning within budget.
- Experience of stock control.