Schoen Clinic Newbridge House is an award winning and specialist Eating Disorder facility based in Streetly, Sutton Coldfield, providing in and out-patient services to young people aged between 8-18yrs. With an enviable reputation for excellent service provision, our unit was rated “Outstanding” by the CQC in 2016 and 2018 and we were Hospital Group of The Year and Nursing Practice winners in both 2019 and 2020. You will be working as part of a highly talented and close multi-disciplinary team of professionals and the support that you will provide will enable young people to help themselves in their recovery from their eating disorder.
The role itself will suit highly professional and experienced Staff Nurses who will provide competent and empathic clinical care to inpatients, according to the treatment plans prescribed by the MDT. The successful applicant will be responsible for planning, implementing, assessing, and evaluating nursing care, using evidence-based practice. You will be used to utilising a patient-centred approach, working closely with patients and their families and involving them in care planning.
Please note shifts are as follows:
Early - 7:00am-3:00pm
Late - 1:00pm-9:00pm
Nights - 8:00pm-8:00am
- Contribute to highly specialist assessment of eating disorders in young people.
- Establish therapeutic relationships with patients.
- Assist in the development, co-facilitation and staffing of therapeutic groups.
- Maintain appropriate, supportive and respectful relationships with carers and family members
- Ensure that confidentiality is maintained at all times in accordance with the General Data Protection Act, The Children Act, Safeguarding legislation, the NMC and Newbridge House Policy.
- Operate at own level of professional competency.
- Contribute to appropriate multi-disciplinary meetings.
- Manage the implementation of therapeutic meal provision.
- Be responsible for the safe storage and administration of medicines and clinical equipment.
- Demonstrate awareness of safeguarding principles in all dealings with young people and their families.
OUR AWARDS & NOMINATIONS
- HOSPITAL GROUP OF YEAR - WINNER
- Nursing Practice (Schoen Clinic Newbridge)
- Healthcare Outcomes (Schoen Clinic Newbridge)
- Management Excellence (Schoen Clinic UK)
- Hospital (Schoen Clinic London)
- HOSPITAL - WINNER
- Hospital Group (Schoen Clinic London)
- Nursing Practice (Schoen Clinic London)
Schoen Clinic Culture
Our culture of world-class medical excellence is based around our five key values:
Accountable Taking ownership of the things I say and do
Caring Treating others as I would like to be treated
Collaborative Working together to make a winning team
Courageous Being proud to be different and challenge the norm
Determined Seeing things through to meet and exceed expectations
Due to the volumes of applications we expect to receive, Schoen Clinic reserves the right to close the job advert before its assigned closing date if we find the ideal candidate for this position.
Whilst Schoen Clinic value the services of recruitment agencies, we do not wish to engage on this occasion. Thank you.
Schoen Clinic Newbridge BirminghamJob Type
£14.88 per hourClosing Date
28 July 2022
- Skills in clinical risk assessment.
- Knowledge of Mental Health Act and Children Act.
- Knowledge of NICE guidelines for the treatment of eating disorders.
- Knowledge of Junior Marzipan guidelines for the treatment of eating disorders
- Knowledge of Safeguarding legislation and practice
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries.
- Experience of using Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work as an effective team member, displaying a flexible and supportive approach when appropriate.
- Ability to work sensitively with clients, relatives and carers.