To work as an integral part of the theatres and interventional multi-disciplinary team, providing a high standard of patient centred care, meeting the needs of patients, consultants and colleagues. Working within the multi-disciplinary team to deliver care, maintain and enhance the customer service and satisfaction of service users under the supervision of a Registered Practitioner.
- Support the theatre team to deliver care that helps improve the health of the individual and wider community.
- Provide support to the theatre team during surgical procedures and operations.
- Support the theatre team in demonstrating compassion through effective relationships based on empathy, respect and dignity.
- Act as an advocate for safeguarding patients; demonstrate courage to speak up when there are concerns about care.
- Undertake administrative and clerical tasks associated with patient care to facilitate the smooth running of the department.
- Conduct yourself professionally within the HCA standard framework, understanding the standards in accordance with the Nursing Midwifery Council (NMC) Codes of professional Conduct and the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient.
- Communicate clearly, effectively and appropriately with the multi-disciplinary team, patients and their family, visitors and carers.
- Respond appropriately to queries, take phone messages and pass on written and verbal information to patients where appropriate.
Due to the commitment to continuous improvement, it is likely that the post will evolve over time. These duties will be subject to regular review and any amendments will be made in consultation and agreement with the post holder.
Schoen Clinic Culture
Our culture of world-class medical excellence is based around our five key values:
Accountable Taking ownership of the things I say and do
Caring Treating others as I would like to be treated
Collaborative Working together to make a winning team
Courageous Being proud to be different and challenge the norm
Determined Seeing things through to meet and exceed expectations
Due to the volumes of applications we expect to receive, Schoen Clinic reserves the right to close the job advert before its assigned closing date if we find the ideal candidate for this position.
Whilst Schoen Clinic value the services of recruitment agencies, we do not wish to engage on this occasion. Thank you.
Schoen Clinic Orthopaedic and Spinal Hospital LondonJob Type
16 August 2022
- NVQ Level 2 Care Certificate and/or be willing to work towards NVQ Level 3 (Healthcare Specific).
- Able to support theatre team during surgical procedure, set up and close
- Understand needs of orthopaedic and spinal theatres
- Able to process instruments for sterilization
- Previous theatre experience
- Experience in customer care, including interacting with customers in challenging situations.
- Previous experience working in the acute healthcare sector.
- Great attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills
- Motivated and enthusiastic.
- Holding a caring and professional nature.
- Drive and enthusiasm, ability to work well in a team and use own initiative.
- Punctual and reliable.