We are looking for Intensive Care trained bank nurses to join our Post Anaesthetic Care Unit (PACU) team. Perhaps you want a break from an acute Intensive Therapy Unit but want to maintain your advanced skills and develop new ones? Our PACU nurses have an engaging and varied role working across PACU, recovery and interventional areas. You will have the opportunity to undertake additional training in safer sedation and support procedures in theatres and the interventional suite as well as working in Post Anaesthetic Care Unit and recovery.
We are a purpose-built, award winning* private hospital situated in the Harley Street medical area in central London. We specialise in orthopaedic, spinal and pain and have many of the country’s leading surgeons and physicians working with us.
We employ Consultant Intensivists rather than Registered Medical Officers to provide medical cover to the whole hospital. You will be working with a highly motivated professional and caring team. Most importantly you will have time deliver the highest standards of care.
*Schoen Clinic London voted Best Private UK Hospital (Acute & Mental) 2019 - Laing Buisson Awards
- Provide nursing care to Level 2 & 3 patients in PACU
- Provide nursing care to post anaesthetic patients in recovery areas
- Provide safe sedation (with additional training) in interventional areas
- To ensure that the highest standard of evidence-based nursing care is delivered to all patients and their families
Due to the commitment to continuous improvement, it is likely that the post will evolve over time. These duties will be subject to regular review and any amendments will be made in consultation and agreement with the post holder.
OUR AWARDS & NOMINATIONS
- HOSPITAL GROUP OF YEAR - WINNER
- Nursing Practice (Schoen Clinic Newbridge)
- Healthcare Outcomes (Schoen Clinic Newbridge)
- Management Excellence (Schoen Clinic UK)
- Hospital (Schoen Clinic London)
- HOSPITAL - WINNER
- Hospital Group (Schoen Clinic London)
- Nursing Practice (Schoen Clinic London)
Schoen Clinic Culture
Our culture of world-class medical excellence is based around our five key values:
Accountable Taking ownership of the things I say and do
Caring Treating others as I would like to be treated
Collaborative Working together to make a winning team
Courageous Being proud to be different and challenge the norm
Determined Seeing things through to meet and exceed expectations
Due to the volumes of applications we expect to receive, Schoen Clinic reserves the right to close the job advert before its assigned closing date if we find the ideal candidate for this position.
Whilst Schoen Clinic value the services of recruitment agencies, we do not wish to engage on this occasion. Thank you.
Schoen Clinic Orthopaedic and Spinal Hospital LondonJob Type
Permanent, Full timeCategory
Up to £40,000Closing Date
16 August 2022Benefits
25 days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays Pension scheme Private Medical Insurance Eye Care Scheme Online Benefits Portal Training & development opportunities
- A relevant nursing qualification
- At least 2 years ITU experience
- Understanding of private medicine and experience of a surgical setting
- Experience in critical care
- High Dependency Unit