We have a new opportunity for a confident, self-sufficient Legal Adviser to support the General Counsel in the delivery of legal services on a full-time on a 6 month contract.
- To draft and negotiate a range of commercial contracts including terms and conditions, distribution agreements, consultancy agreements, supply/purchase agreements and agency agreements with third parties
- To advise on terminations and renewals of commercial agreements
- Provide ad hoc to the business on matters including standard terms and conditions, NDAs, promotions, advertising & marketing
- Provide written legal opinions on legal issues including compliance
- Keeping the General Counsel informed about important issues and being able to present clearly and precisely, enabling others to understand the key facts and issues
- Cultivating and maintaining a relationship with internal stakeholders and external counsel
Due to the commitment to continuous improvement, it is likely that the post will evolve over time. These duties will be subject to regular review and any amendments will be made in consultation and agreement with the post holder.
Schoen Clinic Culture
Our culture of world-class medical excellence is based around our five key values:
Accountable Taking ownership of the things I say and do
Caring Treating others as I would like to be treated
Collaborative Working together to make a winning team
Courageous Being proud to be different and challenge the norm
Determined Seeing things through to meet and exceed expectations
Schoen Clinic UKJob Type
Full Time, Fixed TermCategory
Up to £80,000Closing Date
16 August 2022Benefits
Salary up to £80,000 Fixed term contract up to 6 months - Full Time working 37.5 hours per week 25 days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays Pension scheme Enhanced Private Medical Insurance with Bupa Eye care scheme with Specsavers Online benefits portal Training & development opportunities
- Qualified barrister / lawyer
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- A high level of written English competence
- Excellent drafting, negotiating and communication skills.
- Personable and confident, able to build relationships with partners/ key stakeholders.
- Resilient and calm under pressure.
- Ability to take responsibility and act autonomously.
- Excellent organisational skills - ability to plan, organize, prioritise tasks and projects.
- Ability to work under pressure and to manage deadlines.
- Innovative, proactive and able to respond creatively and effectively in offering solutions whilst managing expectations.
- Commercial awareness and ability to produce innovative and cost effective legal solutions
- A high degree of professionalism
- Established experience working in commercial/contract work
- Proven experience in managing, drafting and reviewing a varied range of contracts