Schoen Clinic York is rated 'Good in all areas' by the Care Quality Commission (latest inspection report here).
Schoen Clinic York are looking for an experienced and qualified Registered Mental Health Nurse to join the team at an exciting time as our service grows to capacity, and we launch more investment into our newly refined outpatient service.
We are ideally looking for a full time nurse to join us but would be open to discuss potential job sharing and part-time opportunities.
You'll also receive a welcome bonus of up to £2,500!
The role of a Senior Staff Nurse is to lead the nursing provision supporting the Clinical Manager, provide supervision to the nursing team and ensure the team provide the best and most diligent service to our patients.
- Lead an MDT, supporting a caseload of patients with an allocated key nurse, a co-worker HCA and allocated MDT representatives.
- Have an allocated lead area for the service, e.g., the management of self-harm, up-keep of the clinic room in line with policies and procedures.
- To ensure that the highest standard of evidence-based nursing care is delivered to all patients and their families,
- To act as patient advocate, ensuring privacy, dignity and confidentiality are met,
- To report any issues that are identified by patients or their relatives on a timely basis,
- To ensure a high standard of infection control and the prevention of all avoidable healthcare associated infections,
- To administer all drugs and medications as per the local policies and procedures,
- To report to the lead nurse any nursing issues of significance or concern,
- To ensure that all policies, procedures, guidelines and work instructions that relate to nursing are followed,
- To maintain sound and effective working relationships and communication with all hospital staff and consultants,
- To maintain an appropriate standard of confidentiality. Any disclosures of confidential information (including personal information kept on computer or other media) made unlawfully outside the proper course of duty will be treated as a serious disciplinary offence.
- Ensure that the requirements of the Mental Health Act, Mental Capacity Act and Children Act are fulfilled, as applicable.
- Supervise and manage a group of nurses and HCA’s within your team.
- Ensure own monthly clinical supervision and undertake supervision of the nurses within the team.
- Ensure own annual appraisal is completed with Lead Nurse and complete appraisals of nurses and HCA’s with your team.
- To attend Organisational meetings and functions, as required
- To ensure the wards comply with all health and safety requirements and that appropriate policies and procedures are adhered to.
- To ensure the safety of all members of staff, visitors and patients
- To ensure that all near-misses or non-compliances are reported, and appropriate actions taken, as required
- To ensure that all provision of nursing care is documented on a timely basis and accurately reflects the patient experience
- To undertake risk assessments and participate in Health & Safety audits, as required.
For a friendly chat about the position or to arrange a tour of the hospital, please email Hospital Director, Chloe Baron on firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 20 4571 7966.
As listed under 'Clinical'
Schoen Clinic YorkJob Type
Full Time, PermanentCategory
Up to £38,568 per annum depending on experienceClosing Date
21 January 2024Benefits
Salary up to £38,568 per annum *Up to £2,500 welcome bonus *25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays *Professional development opportunities *Contributory pension scheme *Enhanced Private Medical *Insurance with BUPA including access to a private GP service, free screening, the inclusion of pre-existing conditions and level 1 dental insurance *Eye care scheme with Specsavers *Online benefits portal with high street and online shopping discounts *Cycle to work scheme *Group Life Assurance *Enhanced maternity & paternity pay *Paid emergency leave *Occupational Sick Pay above SSP *Employee Assistance programme with wellbeing support
Key Skills & Experience
- Registered nurse
- Mentorship course
- Valid ILS provider certificate
- Evidence of continued professional development (CPD)
Specific Training, Skills & Knowledge (Essential)
- Skills and knowledge up to date with current nursing practice
- Ability to plan care
- Ability to manage a personal caseload
- Understanding of on-going professional development requirements
- Good communication skills - Verbal & written
- Understanding of private medicine and the relevant legislative frameworks
- Knowledge of clinical governance
- Knowledge of care standards & the role of the CQC
Specific Training, Skills & Knowledge (Desirable)
- Ensure mandatory training is attended
- Maintain current awareness regarding nursing services
- Successfully complete the immediate life support course on an annual basis
- Minimum of one years post registration experience
- Experience within a surgical setting
- Sound interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer care skills
- Self-motivated and Flexible