Provide a catering service to the patients and staff of Schoen Clinic Newbridge. Deliver the therapeutic menu designed by the Dietetic team to patients and the colleagues supporting these meals.
Food Preparation and Service:
- General preparation of meals and snacks, following the principles of food hygiene.
- Assist in the serving of meals to the patients in the designated dining rooms.
- Ensure that food is prepared and served following recipes and menus written by the Dietetic team.
- Prepare and provide food for patients with dietary restrictions as a result of religious, cultural, allergens or intolerance.
- Ensure that meals are given out in a timely manner.
- Ensure that portion control is followed for meals and snacks.
- Aim to serve meals and snacks in a similar presentation on each occasion.
- Ensure that current hygiene regulations are adhered to and all relevant documentation is completed; paying particular attention to temperatures of food during storage, preparation, cooking and service.
- Ensure that all waste, including food waste, is disposed of in line with Health and Safety and Schoen Clinic Newbridge policies.
Ordering and Stock Control
- Stock taking to take place daily, prior to ordering.
- Stock rotation to take place on a daily basis within dry store, fridges and freezers.
- Ordering to take place on a daily basis using online shopping system.
- Ensure the ordering of food supplies are in line with menu requirements.
- Only stock required to be stored on site at any time due to limitation of size of the kitchen area.
- Stock to be stored as per food hygiene standards.
- Report any issue of concern in relation to ordering or deliveries to the lead Dietitian.
- Ensure that all equipment is maintained and serviced in line with manufacturer’s requirements and best practice.
- Ensure that COSHH records are reviewed and updated where necessary.
- Report any issue of concern in relation to ordering or deliveries to the Catering Lead.
- Risk assessments to be completed for new equipment.
- Work according to Health and Safety policies and Schoen Clinic Newbridge guidelines.
- Temperature checks and replenish kitchen supplies in all kitchens.
- Appropriate personal protective equipment to be worn at all times within the kitchen.
- Uniforms, shoes and hats to be provided by Schoen Clinic Newbridge
- Uniforms, aprons, and garments should be clean at the beginning of each shift and changed regularly when necessary.
- Uniforms or aprons should not be worn outside Schoen Clinic Newbridge.
- Be responsible for ensuring that confidentiality is maintained at all times in accordance with the Data Protection Act, The Children Act, Child Protection Legislation and Schoen Clinic Newbridge Policy.
- Operate within own level of professional competency.
- Maintain professional boundaries with colleagues and patients at all times.
- Ensure appropriate systems of communication.
- Participate in Schoen Clinic Newbridge appraisal process, identifying with the appraiser mandatory and professional training needs.
- Attend all mandatory and associated professional training.
- Be responsible for own professional development and ensure Continued Personal Development log is maintained.
- Full time colleagues are required to attend Dietetic and Catering meeting which takes place once within the three-week rota. Part-time colleagues are invited to attend where possible and will be paid overtime.
- Education around meal plans or food types being used and the rationale for use in patients can be discussed in Dietetic/Catering meetings to allow greater understanding between the Dietetic and chef team.
- Training can be provided on request in relation to the use of IT equipment/programmes.
- Be familiar with, and follow Health and Safety policy and procedures and be aware of individual responsibilities under legislation, bringing potential risk to the attention of General Manager.
- Be responsible for reading, understanding and complying with all relevant Schoen Clinic Newbridge and statutory policies and procedures.
- Manage workload and time effectively using the ‘Daily Chef Routine’ as a guideline.
- Email communication to be sent to Dietetic team for errors or substitutions in meal plans. These will be reviewed at Dietetic/catering meetings and suggestions for changes to systems can be discussed as a team.
- An incident forms to be completed for exposure of young people to any allergens through error and nursing team to be fully informed.
- Communicate with patients in line with Schoen Clinic Newbridge guidelines on confidentiality.
- Information provided to the patients in relation to the meal plan to be limited. Ingredients, portion size, dietary dislikes, diet changes or cooking methods should not be discussed with the young people.
Your attention is drawn to the confidential nature of information collected within Schoen Clinic Newbridge. The unauthorised use of disclosures of patient or other personal information is regarded as gross misconduct and will be subject to Schoen Clinic's Disciplinary Procedure in the case of computerised information could result in a prosecution for an offence or action for civil damages under the Data Protection Act 1998.
Schoen Clinic Newbridge BirminghamJob Type
Part Time/Full time PermanentCategory
Procurement & StoresSalary
Up to £21,232.40Closing Date
31 October 2023Benefits
25 days holiday Pro Rata + 8 Bank Holidays Salary up to £21,232.40 with an annual salary review Shift enhancements payable monthly on top of base salary for unsocial hours worked Free meals provided on night shifts Professional development opportunities Contributory pension scheme Enhanced Private Medical Insurance with BUPA including access to a private GP service, free screening & the inclusion of pre-existing conditions. Eye care scheme with Specsavers Online benefits portal with high street and online shopping discounts Cycle to work scheme Group Life Assurance Enhanced maternity & paternity pay Paid emergency leave Occupational Sick Pay above SSP Interest free season ticket loans Employee Assistance Programme with well being support
Level 2 in food safety or equivalent
Skills & Knowledge:
- Regular updates of statutory and mandatory training relevant to post
- Basic knowledge of special dietary needs, including religious and cultural
- Awareness of good hygiene standards.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety in the kitchen.
- Knowledge of COSHH.
- Knowledge of HACCP.
- Previous experience of working with people with mental health issues
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, carers and members of the multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience of working to deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure