Schoen Clinic York is rated 'Good in all areas' by the Care Quality Commission (latest inspection report here).
Schoen Clinic York is a specialised hospital for adults diagnosed with eating disorders in the north of England.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Clinical Manager who is registered nurse with the ability to take the lead co-ordinating clinical services, alongside supporting senior management with the development of the service.
The successful candidate will be responsible for nurses and AHPs, ensuring high quality, evidence-based care and treatment is delivered to our patients alongside providing leadership, supervision and contributing to Schoen Clinic’s clinical governance agenda.
The Clinical Manager represents Schoen Clinic on both a national and international level, and as such will need to be a trusted representative of the Schoen Clinic brand.
The successful candidate should be a role model both internally to colleagues and externally to the market and are expected to operate with a high degree of integrity and emotional intelligence.
For a friendly chat about the position or to arrange a tour of the hospital, please email Hospital Director, Chloe Baron on email@example.com or call 01904 404400.
The Clinical Manager should be a registered nurse with a nursing background and will maintain their registration as the Clinical lead onsite. The successful candidate will contribute to service development and have the ability to deputise for the Hospital Director.
Typical day-to-day duties include:
- Have an oversight of clinical care and treatment that is delivered
- Delivering clinical and managerial supervision
- Provide clinical management as required
- Maintain a clinical presence on the unit
- Over-see the on-call system
- Work as part of the leadership team
- Support with training requirements
- Act as a role model to all colleagues
- Provide information and reports to the Hospital Director as required
- Collaborate with healthcare providers and community organisations to coordinate patient care and improve outcomes
- Monitor and evaluate patient outcomes and programme effectiveness to ensure quality care delivery
- Represent Schoen Clinic at community meetings, conferences, and other events
This opportunity requires the successful candidate to ensure there are processes and systems in place for the team to provide effective, caring and responsive patient care in a safe, high-quality clinical environment.
Taking responsibility for ensuring all appropriate measures are taken to maintain, promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of patients, colleagues and visitors to an outstanding standard.
The Key Accountabilities detailed within this job description are not exclusive or exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and role.
Schoen Clinic YorkJob Type
Up to £48,410 per annumClosing Date
21 January 2024Benefits
*Salary up to £48,410 per annum
*Up to £2,500 welcome bonus
*25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
*Professional development opportunities
*Contributory pension scheme
*Enhanced Private Medical Insurance with BUPA including access to a private GP service, free screening, the inclusion of pre-existing conditions and level 1 dental insurance
*Eye care scheme with Specsavers
*Online benefits portal with high street and online shopping discounts
*Cycle to work scheme
*Group Life Assurance
*Enhanced maternity & paternity pay
*Paid emergency leave
*Occupational Sick Pay above
*Employee Assistance programme with wellbeing support
Key Skills & Experience
Essential educational, training and experience
- NMC registration
- Work with a clear understanding of the NICE and Marzipan guidelines
- Good understanding of the Mental Health Act (1983, as amended 2007)
- Good understanding of the Mental Capacity Act (2005)
- Working in senior roles in a healthcare setting
- Experience working with those suffering from eating disorder
- Experience as working as a registered professional
- Worked as a supervisor/manager.
Desirable educational, training and experience
- Post qualification experience in a setting relevant to the post
- Leadership and Management course
- Good understanding of the Health and Social Care Act (2014)
- Experience of teaching, training and/or supervision
- People management
- Working in complex mental health settings
- Experience of conflict resolution
- Experience of managing AHP
- Self-motivated and self-starter with the ability to prioritise and schedule work
- Excellent communication skills able to handle emotive situation
- Excellent people skills and ability to build relationships
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to motivate a team