Schoen Clinic Chelsea is a leading private mental health clinic in the heart of London, supporting young people and adults through challenges with eating disorders and mental health conditions.
This position will be working across our outpatient services, working with CAMHS and adults experiencing eating disorders. The Occupational Therapist will also be expected to work with the adult anxiety and mood pathway and be flexible in terms of their engagement with different service pathways as the clinic grows and evolves. This will include coaching work with adults with a diagnosis of ADHD and with parents of children affected by ADHD in a supportive role.
The post will manage a defined caseload using evidence based and client centred principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate occupational therapy interventions at Schoen Clinic Chelsea. They will work across all outpatient services with the main focus being working with those patients with eating disorders and their families.
We currently have a great opportunity for an experienced part-time (22.5 hours per week) Occupational Therapist to join our growing, dynamic and welcoming multidisciplinary team.
The successful applicant will have specialist knowledge and experience in working with children and young people with both CAMHS and adults experiencing Eating Disorders, with the opportunity to work with both pathways including anxiety and mood.
This is an exciting time for the clinic as we build our provision for both CAMHS, adults and their families to support all those at times when this is so greatly needed.
- To undertake occupational therapy assessments for a designated caseload
- Work with patients to identify occupational therapy goals as part of the overall care plan
- Plan and implement individual and group interventions, in collaboration with the patient
- Monitor and evaluate treatment to measure progress and effectiveness of intervention
- Work across day care and outpatient services with focus on working with adolescents experiencing eating disorders and their families
- Opportunity to engage with adult eating disorders and adult anxiety and mood disorder pathways
Schoen Clinic Centre for Mental Health ChelseaJob Type
Part time, PermanentCategory
Up to £37,445Closing Date
22 December 2023Benefits
Salary up to £37,445 with an annual salary review
25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
Professional development opportunities
Contributory pension scheme
Enhanced Private Medical Insurance with BUPA including access to a private GP service, free screening, the inclusion of pre-existing conditions and level 1 dental insurance
Eye care scheme with Specsavers
Online benefits portal with high street and online shopping discounts
Cycle to work scheme
Group Life Assurance
Enhanced maternity & paternity pay
Paid emergency leave
Occupational Sick Pay above SSP
Interest free season ticket loans
Employee Assistance Programme with wellbeing support
- Dip COT/BSc OT/MSc OT
- BAOT registration
- HCPC registration
- Knowledge of current best practice in occupational therapy in eating disorders
- Knowledge and ability to select appropriate assessments and interventions
- Previous work experience as an occupational therapist in mental health and/or CAMHS
- Experience of individual and group work