Join our Quality Team as the Interim Policy Officer on a 12 month fixed term contract.
Working within the Quality Management team and reporting into the Clinical Director, the post holder will dedicate their time by providing strategic oversight of the policies across Schoen Clinic by reviewing existing policies and updating where required whilst further writing and developing any new policies yet to be implemented.
The Interim Policy Officer will work in partnership with The Policy Committee (TPC) to ensure compliance standards are met and policy strategy is defined by excellent working practices.
- Lead and provide strategic oversight of the development and delivery of the Policy Programme;
- Act as a senior expert advocate on mental health policy, partnering with the wider mental health team and producing high quality policy products;
- Review and assess current suite of clinical policies to determine fitness for purpose, making proposals for improvement and drafting re-writes where needed;
- Identify policies not yet in force that should form part of the Policy Programme and write these to the necessary standards;
- Work within the standard frame work of policy formatting as set by The Policy Committee.
- Create a system and process whereby new and existing policies can be reviewed easily and efficiently.
- Working with the Schoen wider teams to ensure policy creation is relevant to each service line and reflects the company standards and ethos.
About Schoen Clinic
- The Schoen Clinic Group (schoen-klinik.de) was founded in 1985 and has since developed into Germany's fifth-largest privately-owned hospital group, with 12,000 employees. It currently treats around 300,000 patients annually at 16 hospitals and 30 outpatient and day-clinic facilities in Germany and the UK. The group also includes the leading online telemedicine clinic: MindDoc.
- Schoen Clinic entered the UK healthcare market in 2017 providing award-winning, expert-led healthcare specialising only in certain areas of medicine – now mental health and eating disorders at Schoen Clinic Chelsea, Schoen Clinic Newbridge and Schoen Clinic York.
Our culture of world-class medical excellence is based on our five key values:
Accountable: Taking ownership of the things I say and do
Caring: Treating others as I would like to be treated
Collaborative: Working together to make a winning team
Courageous: Being proud to be different and challenge the norm
Determined: Seeing things through to meet and exceed expectations
Our Awards & Nominations:
HOSPITAL GROUP OF YEAR – WINNER
Nursing Practice (Schoen Clinic Newbridge)
Healthcare Outcomes (Schoen Clinic Newbridge)
Management Excellence (Schoen Clinic UK)
Due to the volumes of applications we expect to receive, Schoen Clinic Group reserves the right to close the job advert before its assigned closing date if we find the ideal candidate for this position.
Due to the commitment to continuous improvement, it is likely that the post will evolve over time. These duties will be subject to regular review and any amendments will be made in consultation and agreement with the post holder.
Schoen Clinic UKJob Type
Fixed Term, Full TimeCategory
Up to £50,000Closing Date
05 October 2023Benefits
25 days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
Salary up to £50,000
Professional development opportunities
Contributory pension scheme
Enhanced Private Medical Insurance with BUPA including access to a private GP service, free screening & the inclusion of pre-existing conditions.
Eye care scheme with Specsavers
Online benefits portal with high street and online shopping discounts
Cycle to work scheme
Group Life Assurance
Enhanced maternity & paternity pay
Paid emergency leave
Occupational Sick Pay above SSP
Interest free season ticket loans
Employee Assistance Programme with wellbeing support
- Policy writing and development within the mental healthcare industry.
- Have worked with and implemented systems that require organisation and structure.
Specific training, skills or knowledge required:
- Confident in MS Office applications
- Working with a cloud based Policy Management System
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Professional communication style with the ability to liaise with key stakeholders at all levels
- Relevant legislation associated with policy writing within the healthcare industry