At Schoen Clinic we are looking for an exceptional individual who can combine managerial skills, leadership capabilities and a collaborative management approach to manage the day-to-day running of our new innovative mental health day and outpatient hospital in Chelsea.
With a drive to exceed expectations, take ownership of decisions and lead your team, the Clinic Manager is tasked with overseeing onsite management, the development and growth of the clinic, ensuring quick and easy patient access to the various programmes (with support from both the Administrative and Clinical teams). The role will ensure all programmes are fully staffed with the appropriately skilled clinicians, liaising externally with a range of stakeholders including, Consultant Psychiatrists, other mental health practitioners, GP’s, Medical Insurance Companies, parents and carers, as well as reporting internally to Schoen Clinic.
- Attend internal meetings regarding the Clinic, reporting upwards on commercial, financial and clinical performance
- Hold responsibility as the Registered Manager of the Clinic, and ensure all aspects of the Clinic are managed in accordance with CQC and other regulatory requirements.
- Represent Schoen Clinic Chelsea during inspections such as CQC and any other reviews.
- Ensure a smooth end-to-end experience for patients accessing services within the Clinic, systematically reviewing onsite administrative and clinical processes, policies and procedures
- Manage all patient queries, concerns or complaints
- Manage the data and patient records which comply with Schoen Clinic and national guidelines
- Oversee the overall bookings and payment processes, looking for continual improvement
- Ensure good practice in terms of updating and informing all members of the MDT and appropriate others about current care plans and the progress of the patients.
- Act as a role model to all members of staff
- To ensure the site is fully operational and fit-for-purpose at all times, managing a range of contracts and relationships with suppliers
- Liaise with other services, and agencies as necessary
- Work with the Consultants, nursing and therapy staff to identify areas for improvement and implement necessary change.
- To work with the multidisciplinary team to deliver a range of services, working closely with Business Development to expand the clinic
- Work to ensure that Schoen Clinic Chelsea continues to maintain a high profile in the worlds of eating disorders – for children, adolescents and adults – and anxiety and mood disorders.
Staff management and development
- Oversee staff rotas to ensure the needs of patients can be fully met
- Help HR with the recruitment of additional staff as required
- Assist in the planning and organisation of CPD programmes for Schoen Clinic Chelsea staff.
- Develop increased specialist knowledge of eating disorders and anxiety and mood disorders within the staff
- Working with the UK HR and Finance Leads to ensure staff costs are managed within agreed budgets
- Undertake mandatory training as deemed appropriate by Schoen Clinic, and ensure staff compliance is maintained
- Provide supervision and appraisal to members of staff at Schoen Clinic Chelsea.
IN RETURN WE CAN OFFER:
- Competitive salary range
- Employer matched pension scheme.
- The opportunity to develop your skills and expertise by working in a specialist environment alongside leading experts.
- A chance to be at the forefront of best practice with our award winning approach to quality outcome measurement.
- Be part of new exciting projects to inspire and challenge you.
SCHOEN CLINIC CULTURE:
Our culture of world-class medical excellence is based around our five key values:
||Taking ownership of the things I say and do
||Treating others as I would like to be treated
||Working together to make a winning team
||Being proud to be different and challenge the norm
||Seeing things through to meet and exceed expectations
This list of responsibilities is not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake additional duties which fall within the remit of the role, in discussion with the Director of Mental Health Services.
This job description will be reviewed on a regular basis, ensuring that the needs of Schoen Clinic Chelsea are a priority. The post holder is expected to comply with all Schoen Clinic policies and procedures.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, Schoen Clinic reserves the right to close roles prior to the specified closing date if a suitable candidate is identified.
Due to the commitment to continuous improvement, it is likely that the post will evolve over time. These duties will be subject to regular review and any amendments will be made in consultation and agreement with the post holder.