At Schoen Clinic London we are looking for exceptional Healthcare Assistants who can combine patient care excellence, clinical capabilities, and caring approaches to join our award winning London Hospital (Schoen Clinic London voted Best Private UK Hospital (Acute & Mental) 2019 - Laing Buisson Awards).
As a Healthcare Assistant you will work as an integral part of the nursing and multi-disciplinary team, providing a high standard of patient centred care, meeting the needs of patients, consultants and colleagues. Working within the multi-disciplinary team to deliver care, maintain and enhance the customer service and satisfaction of service users under the supervision of a Registered Practitioner.
This role will be perfect for someone looking to build a rewarding career in healthcare in a collaborative and caring workplace.
- To prioritise the needs of our patients and consultants, taking a proactive approach to patient care.
- Support the team to deliver care that helps improve the health of the individual and wider community, demonstrating compassion through effective relationships based on empathy, respect and dignity
- Develop own competence to deliver effective care and treatments through improving clinical, technical knowledge, skill and expertise
- Act as an advocate for safeguarding patients, demonstrate courage to speak up when there are concerns about care
- Conduct yourself professionally within the HCA standard framework, understanding the standards in accordance with the Nursing Midwifery Council (NMC) Codes of professional Conduct and the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Support colleagues and senior staff to help promote good team morale, leading by example with one’s own professional behaviour
- Communicate clearly, effectively and appropriately with the multi-disciplinary team, patients and their family, visitors and carers
- Be aware and able to recognise emergency situations, initiate basic life support and summon the crash team when necessary
- Share responsibility for infection prevention and control, including the tidying and cleaning of clinical areas
- Undertake administrative and clerical tasks associated with patient care to facilitate the smooth running of the department
- To be aware of your responsibilities in relation to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. To ensure you are aware of your responsibilities, supporting policies and undertake the appropriate level of training for your role.
AS A HEALTHCARE ASSISTANT YOU WILL:
- Have experience of customer care, including interacting with customers in challenging situations.,
- Previous experience working within the acute healthcare sector,
- Flexible and adaptable,
- Strong interpersonal skills.,
- Great attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal,
- Motivated and enthusiastic,
- Holding a caring and Professional nature,
- Drive and enthusiasm, Ability to work in a team, and using own initiative,
- Punctual and reliable.
IN RETURN WE CAN OFFER:
Our culture of world-class medical excellence is based around our five key values:
- Competitive salary range
- Employer matched pension scheme.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Travel Loan
- The opportunity to develop your skills and expertise by working in a specialist environment alongside leading experts.
- A chance to be at the forefront of best practice with our award winning approach to quality outcome measurement.
- Be part of new exciting projects to inspire and challenge you.
SCHOEN CLINIC BEHAVIOURS
Accountable: Taking ownership of the things I say and do
Caring: Treating others as I would like to be treated
Collaborative: Working together to make a winning team
Courageous: Being proud to be different and challenge the norm
Determined: Seeing things through to meet and exceed expectations
Due to the volume of applications we receive, Schoen Clinic reserves the right to close roles prior to the specified closing date if a suitable candidate is identified.
Due to the commitment to continuous improvement, it is likely that the post will evolve over time. These duties will be subject to regular review and any amendments will be made in consultation and agreement with the post holder.