Our award winning (Schoen Clinic London voted Best Private UK Hospital (Acute & Mental) 2019 - Laing Buisson Awards) Orthopaedic and Spinal Hospital in the heart of London, is looking for an exceptional individual who can provide full Arabic interpreting support services both oral and written including cultural support to international patients and their families. This role involves complex medical interpreting, including complex interpretation of conditions directly to the patient and their families.
This role would be perfect for someone with a passion for patient liaison. Someone who knows how to build relationships and has a drive to meet expectations, determination to succeed and a collaborative work ethic. The successful candidate will also need to be resilient, be committed to providing the highest standard of patient care and be caring in their approach.
If you are dedicated, hard working and professioanl Patient Liaison Officer and looking to expand your career in an award winning hospital, please read the description below.
- To provide close liaison between all major Embassies and Health Offices in London, ensuring that patient needs are cared for at all times,
- To manage referrals from international sources (Embassies, health offices, self-pay)
- To manage consultants expectations with regards to the overseas business,
- To provide administrative and liaison services to patients, consultants and embassies to facilitate the overall care to international patients,
- To support with Embassy authorisations and payment,
- To help with overseas patients in respect of their day to day needs,
- To assist with development of literature and promotional material and represent Schoen Clinic at promotional events,
- To work closely with the Senior Leadership team of Schoen Clinic London ensuring that they are aware of the various cultural aspects required in the admission of overseas patients,
- To provide translation service for Middle Eastern patients when required,
- To facilitate interpretation / translation service for other languages as required e.g. via agencies
- To undertake any other duties as required within the scope of the international business department
- Ability to recognise potential or existing problems and refer to appropriate staff
- Able to resolve queries in a timely and efficient manner
- To be flexible in approach, working alongside the needs of our patients to deliver exceptional patient care.
IN RETURN WE CAN OFFER:
- Competitive salary range
- Employer matched pension scheme.
- The opportunity to develop your skills and expertise by working in a specialist environment alongside leading experts.
- A chance to be at the forefront of best practice with our award winning approach to quality outcome measurement.
- Be part of new exciting projects to inspire and challenge you
SCHOEN CLINIC BEHAVIOURS
Accountable: Taking ownership of the things I say and do
Caring: Treating others as I would like to be treated
Collaborative: Working together to make a winning team
Courageous: Being proud to be different and challenge the norm
Determined: Seeing things through to meet and exceed expectations
Due to the volume of applications we receive, Schoen Clinic reserves the right to close roles prior to the specified closing date if a suitable candidate is identified.
Due to the commitment to continuous improvement, it is likely that the post will evolve over time. These duties will be subject to regular review and any amendments will be made in consultation and agreement with the post holder.
Unfortunately the application deadline has passed, but please send us your CV for future consideration.