Our highly specialised, award winning spine and orthopaedic hospital (Schoen Clinic London voted Best Private UK Hospital (Acute & Mental) 2019 - Laing Buisson Awards) is looking for a talented Physiotherapist to join our team as maternity cover.
As a highly specialised spine and orthopaedic hospital, the successful candidate will be working alongside leading consultants, offering rapid assessment, expert diagnosis and treatment leading to excellent outcomes. We are looking for a high calibre individual who can combine specialised physiotherapy, patient care excellence with strong clinical capabilities to join our London Clinic to cover maternity leave within our Inpatient Physiotherapist team on a fixed term basis.
To meet service user requirements, we are actively recruiting female applicants for this role.
To provide effective and efficient orthopaedic treatment to meet needs of inpatients in line with best practice and Schoen Clinic enhanced recovery pathways.
- To be professional, legally responsible and accountable for all aspects of your own work including the management of patients in your care
- To ensure a high standard of clinical care to inpatients and outpatients (where appropriate) under your management
- To undertake comprehensive assessment of patients and to formulate effective, clinical treatment plans in line with Schoen Clinic enhanced recovery pathways
- To carry out timely assessment and treatment of your caseload of inpatients and to facilitate safe discharge home or onward referral from the hospital
- To be competent in using a wide variety of assessment techniques and skills
- To assess patients’ needs for any rehabilitative equipment and aids to improve safety and functionality within the home
- To be accountable to the Physiotherapy Manager and communicate daily through informal meetings and regular supervision/teaching sessions,
- To accept clinical responsibility for a designated caseload of patients and to organise this effectively and efficiently with regard to clinical priorities and service requirement with the support of the clinical team and Physiotherapy manager
- To participate in the weekend rota system
- To maintain and demonstrate your own clinical professional development by keeping up to date with new treatments and evidence based practice, sharing with others incorporating them into your work as necessary
- To participate in different shift patterns through the week, covering early and late shift’s along with the rest of the inpatient team
- To be able to fit and teach patients the use of specific braces and boots required post operative, both on the ward and at clinic calls.
- To work with the physiotherapy team to provide an efficient and effective service and to be involved in the proposal/development and implementation of departmental policies
- To attend departmental staff meetings regularly and any other meeting agreed with Physiotherapy Manager
- To demonstrate an understanding of Clinical Governance and Risk Management and apply it to the work environment
- To comply with organisational and departmental policies and procedures and ensure that patient treatment notes are kept to a quality in line with recommendations of the Health and Care Professional Council (HCPC) and the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP).
- To liaise with relevant physiotherapists, medical staff nursing staff and other health care professionals who ,maybe in direct contact with the post holder with regard with patient care,
- To communicate potential and provide safe and effective discharge plans effectively with patients and carers, in order to maximise rehabilitation potential and provide safe and effective discharge plans.
In return, we can offer you the opportunity to:
- Develop your skills and expertise by working in a specialist environment alongside leading experts.
- Be at the forefront of best practice with our award winning approach to quality outcome measurement
- Be involved with new exciting projects to inspire and challenge you
SCHOEN CLINIC BEHAVIOURS
Accountable: Taking ownership of the things I say and do
Caring: Treating others as I would like to be treated
Collaborative: Working together to make a winning team
Courageous: Being proud to be different and challenge the norm
Determined: Seeing things through to meet and exceed expectations
Due to the volumes of applications we expect to receive, Schoen Clinic London reserves the right to close the job advert before its assigned closing date if we find the ideal candidate for this position.
Due to the commitment to continuous improvement, it is likely that the post will evolve over time. These duties will be subject to regular review and any amendments will be made in consultation and agreement with the post holder.