The successful candidate will be a compassionate, resilient & open minded individual who is adaptable, creative & able to provide high levels of support to patients throughout their recovery. This will involve planning, implementing, assessing & evaluating nursing care using person centered, evidence based practice.
Kemp unit prides itself on an increased emphasis of non-pharmaceutical therapeutic interventions & positive risk taking. The unit has a highly skilled multi-disciplinary team that supports one another to manage risks & working in collaboration with them will be a key feature of this role.
Previous experience with the patient group is desirable but a special interest, motivation & enthusiasm to work in this area is more important as full training will be given. We would also welcome applications from newly qualified nurses & have a preceptorship package if required.
• Follow the requirements of the Mental Health Act and Mental Capacity Act.
• Ensure that any legalisation and statutory requirements are complied with and implemented.
• Assist with the highly specialist assessment, admission and discharge processes.
• Act as Named Nurse for patients and establish therapeutic relationships.
• Assist in the development, co-facilitation and staffing of therapeutic groups.
• Maintain appropriate, supportive and respectful relationships with carers and family members.
• Contribute to appropriate multi-disciplinary meetings.
• Demonstrate awareness of Safeguarding principles in all dealings with patients their families and carers.
• Take responsibility for the treatment room stock checks and organisation of stocks and medical supplies.
• Ensure that confidentiality is maintained at all times in accordance with the Data Protection Act, The Children Act, Safeguarding legislation, the NMC and Schoen Clinic Policy.
• Operate at own level of professional competency.
• Maintain professional boundaries.
• Operate within NMC guidelines.
• Work in accordance and within the principles/guidelines of all aspects of clinical governance.
• Maintain and monitor professional nursing conduct, ensuring that appropriate standards are met.
• Ensure that all professional and clinical issues, which may arise, are escalated appropriately.
• Remain up to date with clinical changes in the field.
We can offer you:
• A £1,500 ‘golden hello’
• Competitive salary range
• Preceptorship package
• Paid voluntary overtime at time & a half
• Double pay on bank holidays & night enhancements
• Employer matched pension scheme (up to 5%)
• Paid enhanced DBS checks & updates as needed
• Development opportunities – including more senior roles.
• Training opportunities including nurse prescribing, IPT/DBT training, becoming a mentor
Regular clinical & managerial supervision
• Staff support: TRiM pathway for vicarious trauma, Empathy (employee assistance & therapy), Well-Online, regular debriefs
• Free on-site parking
• A chance to be at the forefront of best practice with our award winning approach to quality outcome measurement.
• Uniquely our service offers staff protected time each day (Mon-Fri) which includes space to:
• Complete formulations with our psychologist
• Attend staff skills sessions
• Attend group supervisions
• Attend dissociative identity disorder specific supervisions
• Attend joint patient/staff & staff business meetings
Whilst you would join us based in our current clinic you would be part of our team as we plan for the development of our £13 million purpose built state of the art hospital (scheduled for completion in 2021). This will see our existing provisions expand and a new service open.
SCHOEN CLINIC BEHAVIOUR:
Our culture of world-class medical excellence is based around our five key values:
Accountable: Taking ownership of the things I say and do
Caring: Treating others as I would like to be treated
Collaborative: Working together to make a winning team
Courageous: Being proud to be different and challenge the norm
Determined: Seeing things through to meet and exceed expectations
Due to the level of applications we receive for each vacancy. Schoen Clinic reserves the right to offer a position to an exceptional applicant prior to the closing date of the job advert.
Your attention is drawn to the confidential nature of information collected within Schoen Clinic . The unauthorised use or disclosures of patient or other personal information is regarded as gross misconduct and will be subject to Schoen Clinics Disciplinary Procedure in the case of computerised information could result in a prosecution for an offence or action for civil damages under the GDPR Regulations.