At Schoen Clinic London we are looking for an experienced and highly professional individual to provide senior secretarial support to one of our Heads of Department.
This is challenging role which requires exceptional attention to detail and commitment with the successful applicant showing enthusiasm and engagement in learning all aspects of the practice. You must be able to use your initiative confidently and appropriately whilst maintaining the highest level of patient confidentiality.
The role requires the ability to prioritise and manage workload due to the constant intensity and demands of the position. You must be able to work under pressure whilst continuing to go above and beyond your responsibilities.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES The following is not an exhaustive list and may vary between Consultants and their Secretarial needs
- Providing secretarial support for a Consultant within a thriving practice.
- including occasional audio-typing, verifying letters, emails, post, photocopying, scanning
- Telephone cover / message service
- Organise and run clinical sessions and manage the Consultants diary
- Chasing up patient test results
- Book / amend patient consultations, treatments, procedures and liaise with other departments to ensure a smooth process of admissions including pre and post-operative care
- Schedule patient appointments, diagnostics and surgeries, and send appointment reminders and follow-ups via calls or emails
- Register new patients and ensure that all patient records are kept up to date
- Respond to all written and verbal queries from patients and relatives, escalating to the consultants if required
- Communicate with patients, departments and other medical bodies
- Support Consultants attendance at conferences, lectures and personal appearances
- Maintain and file accurate records
- Perform database and file system management
- Document and distribute dates of consultants’ leave and medical cover arrangements to relevant areas
- Process patient billing, chasing non-payments and medical insurance claims
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as called upon to carry out by the Patient Services Manager with consultants and other secretaries to ensure the smooth running of the Clinic
- Regularly assessing working practices to identify possible improvements and improve efficiency
- To provide cover for colleagues under the guidance of the Patient Services Manager
- Work together with the Consultant and the Sales team to effectively promote and increase referrals
IN RETURN WE CAN OFFER:
- Competitive salary range
- Employer matched pension scheme.
- The opportunity to develop your skills and expertise by working in a specialist environment alongside leading experts.
- A chance to be at the forefront of best practice with our award winning approach to quality outcome measurement.
- Be part of new exciting projects to inspire and challenge you.
SCHOEN CLINIC BEHAVIOURS
- Accountable: Taking ownership of the things I say and do
- Caring: Treating others as I would like to be treated
- Collaborative: Working together to make a winning team
- Courageous: Being proud to be different and challenge the norm
- Determined: Seeing things through to meet and exceed expectations
Due to the volume of applications we receive, Schoen Clinic reserves the right to close roles prior to the specified closing date if a suitable candidate is identified.
In the course of their duties employees will have access to confidential material about patients, members of staff and CCL. On no account must information relating to identifiable patients be divulged to anyone other than authorised persons, for example, medical, nursing or other professional staff, as appropriate, who are concerned directly with the care, diagnosis and/or treatment of the patient. Similarly, no information of a personal or confidential nature concerning individual members of staff should be divulged to anyone without the proper authority. Failure to observe these rules will be regarded as serious misconduct, which could result in disciplinary action being taken including dismissal.
Due to the commitment to continuous improvement, it is likely that the post will evolve over time. These duties will be subject to regular review and any amendments will be made in consultation and agreement with the post holder.
Unfortunately the application deadline has passed, but please send us your CV for future consideration.