At Schoen Clinic Chelsea we are looking for caring individuals who can combine clinical expertise with a compassionate approach to patient care to join our highly specialised private outpatient and day clinic treating adults, adolescents and children with eating disorders, anxiety & depression at Chelsea.
Working collaboratively, the Staff Nurse will be tasked with providing exceptional specialist nursing care to our patients who attend the clinic for the day programme and outpatient clinics. The clinic supports people with an eating disorder, both young people and adults and people who have mood disorders. This role will work predominantly with adults with an eating / mood disorder who require a either one or more of the following 1-1 support, group therapy, physical healthcare monitoring and associated key working duties.
This will include assessment, care planning, and reviewing with the involvement of the service user and their families as appropriate; ensuring individualised and collaborative approaches. You will be working as part of a multi-disciplinary team and contribute to the smooth running of the service.
- Work with an awareness of the NICE and MARSIPAN guidelines for the treatment of eating disorders in children, young people and adults.
- Work with an awareness of the NICE guidelines for anxiety and depression.
- Follow the requirements of the Mental Health Act and Children Act.
- Ensure that any legalisation and statutory requirements are complied with and implemented.
- Assist with the highly specialist assessment, admission and discharge processes.
- Follow the guidelines for the administration of ECG’S and taking of bloods and ensure that all staff are competent in doing so, working in collaboration with Schoen Clinic London senior nursing team to co-ordinate staff training and competency assessment in this area.
- Act as a Key Worker for a caseload of day patients attending the adult ED Pathway and establish therapeutic relationships.
- Assist in the development, co-facilitation and staffing of therapeutic groups.
- Maintain appropriate, supportive and respectful relationships with carers and family members.
- Contribute to appropriate multi-disciplinary meetings.
- Demonstrate awareness of Safeguarding principles in all dealings with patients their families and carers.
- Take responsibility for the treatment room stock checks and organisation of stocks and medical supplies.
- Ensure that confidentiality is maintained at all times in accordance with the Data Protection Act, The Children Act, Safeguarding legislation, the NMC and Schoen Clinic Policy.
- Operate at own level of professional competency.
- Maintain professional boundaries.
- Operate within NMC guidelines.
- Work in accordance and within the principles/guidelines of all aspects of clinical governance.
- Maintain and monitor professional nursing conduct, ensuring that appropriate standards are met.
- Ensure that all professional and clinical issues, which may arise, are escalated appropriately.
- Remain up to date with clinical changes in the field of Eating Disorders, Anxiety and Depression.
IN RETURN WE CAN OFFER:
- Competitive salary range
- Employer matched pension scheme.
- The opportunity to develop your skills and expertise by working in a specialist environment alongside leading experts.
- A chance to be at the forefront of best practice with our award winning approach to quality outcome measurement.
- Be part of new exciting projects to inspire and challenge you
SCHOEN CLINIC BEHAVIOUR:
Our culture of world-class medical excellence is based around our five key values:
Accountable: Taking ownership of the things I say and do
Caring: Treating others as I would like to be treated
Collaborative: Working together to make a winning team
Courageous: Being proud to be different and challenge the norm
Determined: Seeing things through to meet and exceed expectations
Due to the level of applications we receive for each vacancy. Schoen Clinic reserves the right to offer a position to an exceptional applicant prior to the closing date of the job advert.
Your attention is drawn to the confidential nature of information collected within Schoen Clinic . The unauthorised use or disclosures of patient or other personal information is regarded as gross misconduct and will be subject to Schoen Clinics Disciplinary Procedure in the case of computerised information could result in a prosecution for an offence or action for civil damages under the GDPR Regulations.
Unfortunately the application deadline has passed, but please send us your CV for future consideration.