Clinical Counselling Psychologist
Schoen Clinic Newbridge
Newbridge House are recruiting an experienced Clinical/Counselling Psychologist to join their diverse psychology team. Newbridge House prides itself on its MDT approach including input from psychology, nursing, art therapy, occupational therapy and dietetics.
Schoen Clinic Newbridge House is a specialist Eating Disorder unit based in Streetly, Sutton Coldfield, providing in and out-patient services to young people aged 8-18. With an enviable reputation for excellent service provision, we have had significant success through the dedication, innovation, and determination of our talented and close team of professionals. The unit was rated "Outstanding" by the CQC in 2016 and 2018
• Will be able to design, implement and evaluate cognitive behavioural interventions (including CBT-E) according to best practice/will be able to offer and evaluate psychodynamic therapy
• Complete psychological assessments with young person and attend allocation meetings to appropriately allocate the young person to therapy.
• Assess, treat and monitor psychological aspects of eating disorders including core psychopathology and co-morbid disorders, including depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and autism spectrum disorders.
• Monitor and evaluate individual treatment plans with the MDT in order to ensure safe and effective practice in the best interests of the patient and their family
• Provide assessment and advice to social care and the legal system with regard to the developmental, mental health and care needs of children and young people.
• To provide consultation, mentorship, supervision and advice about psychological issues to other members of the team.
• To supervise assistant psychologists in the administration of specialist assessments, e.g. WISC.
Due to the commitment to continuous improvement, it is likely that the post will evolve over time. These duties will be subject to regular review and any amendments will be made in consultation and agreement with the post holder.
Schoen Clinic Culture
Our culture of world-class medical excellence is based around our five key values:
Accountable Taking ownership of the things I say and do
Caring Treating others as I would like to be treated
Collaborative Working together to make a winning team
Courageous Being proud to be different and challenge the norm
Determined Seeing things through to meet and exceed expectations
Due to the volumes of applications we expect to receive, Schoen Clinic reserves the right to close the job advert before its assigned closing date if we find the ideal candidate for this position.
Whilst Schoen Clinic value the services of recruitment agencies, we do not wish to engage on this occasion. Thank you.
Schoen Clinic Newbridge
Salary up to £26,000 (Pro Rata) per annum with an annual salary review
26th January 2021
- Doctoral level training in clinical or counselling psychology
- At least 2 years qualified experience; with demonstration of specialised training in specific therapies (e.g. CBT, EMDR, Psychodynamic, DBT, CAT)
- Or a registered psychotherapist or CBT therapist
- Skilled in complex methods of psychological assessment, formulation and intervention
- Well-developed skills in the ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, complex, and/or clinically sensitive information to clients, their families, carers and other professionals
- Doctoral level knowledge of research methodology, research design and complex, multivariate data analysis
- Ability to reflect on clinical practice and make use of clinical supervision
- The ability to build therapeutic relationships with vulnerable young people
- Experience of specialist psychological assessment and treatment of clients across care settings, including outpatients and ideally inpatient settings
- Experience working with emotive material, and possible verbal abuse and the threat of physical abuse
- Experience of teaching, training and supervision
- Ability to teach and train others, using a variety of multi-media materials suitable for presentations within public, professional and academic settings.
- Salary up to £26,000 (Pro Rata) per annum with an annual salary review
- This is a part time position, working up to 15 hours per week
- 25 days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
- Pension scheme