Consultant Psychiatrist in Eating Disorders (Part-time)
Schoen Clinic Newbridge
Schoen Clinic are looking for a part-time Consultant Psychiatrist on a 1-2 day basis for our eating disorders unit for children and young people in Birmingham. This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established service with a national reputation, which is currently expanding to 34 beds..
You will be working with an experienced multidisciplinary team and supported by an Associate Specialist. Schoen Clinic Newbridge is part of the Mental Health Division of Schoen Clinic UK, which also has units in York and London, and there will be opportunities for professional development and peer support within the group. Schoen Clinic is committed to innovation and evidence-based practice and has an active research programme.
You will work as part of the multidisciplinary team and will be responsible for the psychiatric and medical management of patients, including patients detained under the Mental Health Act. The majority of our patients are funded by the NHS.
OUR AWARDS & NOMINATIONS
- HOSPITAL GROUP OF YEAR - WINNER
- Nursing Practice (Schoen Clinic Newbridge)
- Healthcare Outcomes (Schoen Clinic Newbridge)
- Management Excellence (Schoen Clinic UK)
- Hospital (Schoen Clinic London)
- HOSPITAL - WINNER
- Hospital Group (Schoen Clinic London)
- Nursing Practice (Schoen Clinic London)
SCHOEN CLINIC CULTURE:
Our culture of world-class medical excellence is based around our five key values:
Accountable: Taking ownership of the things I say and do
Caring: Treating others as I would like to be treated
Collaborative: Working together to make a winning team
Courageous: Being proud to be different and challenge the norm
Determined: Seeing things through to meet and exceed expectations
Due to the volumes of applications we expect to receive, Schoen Clinic London reserves the right to close the job advert before its assigned closing date if we find the ideal candidate for this position.
Due to the commitment to continuous improvement, it is likely that the post will evolve over time. These duties will be subject to regular review and any amendments will be made in consultation and agreement with the post holder.
Working for Schoen Clinic
Schoen Clinic is an international healthcare company, based in Germany, which is now expanding in the UK. Our culture of world-class medical excellence is based around our five key values.
For further information about the post or an informal discussion, please contact Dr Tony Winston, Medical Director, on 0121 580 8362 or by email at email@example.com
Schoen Clinic Newbridge
25th June 2021
- Specialist registration with the General Medical Council and a license to practice
- MRCPsych or equivalent
- Approved Clinician status or willingness to achieve this
- A minimum of one years’ experience of eating disorders as a higher trainee or equivalent
- Experience in the psychological and pharmacological management of eating disorders and co-morbid conditions
- Knowledge of the physical complications of eating disorders and their management
- Experience of the management of refeeding in severely underweight patients
- Experience of a variety of psychotherapeutic approaches used in the treatment of eating disorders
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills and willingness to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Competitive salary with an annual salary review
- 25 days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
- Pension scheme