Consultant Psychiatrist (Newbridge)
Schoen Clinic Newbridge
Schoen Clinic are looking for a part time 1-2 day Consultant Psychiatrist in Eating Disorders who will be medically responsible for an allocated number of patients. The Consultant Psychiatrist will work as part of a multidisciplinary team and will participate in weekly MDT meetings, where all key decisions will be made regarding care and treatment.
Liaise with referrers, community teams and commissioners
Assess risk and develop management plans for medical and psychiatric risks
Formulate an initial care plan with the team an admission and complete the Agreement to Treatment form
Admit patients, including initial mental state examination and physical examination
Continue to develop an individual formulation for each patient, in conjunction with other team members
Agree initial observation levels and a specific care plan for the time period prior to the first MDT meeting
Assess, treat and monitor psychiatric aspects of eating disorders including core psychopathology and co-morbid disorders such as depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder, personality disorder and autism spectrum disorder.
Take lead responsibility for the physical health of patients, arrange investigations and refer to other services as required
Contribute to audit, service evaluation and research if appropriate
Maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant legal considerations in relation to the treatment of patients
Maintain up-to-date knowledge of eating disorders and their treatment
Be aware of and follow appropriate guidance from professional bodies such as the General Medical Council
Take part in all required training, including Immediate Life Support
Attend consultants’ meetings and other committees as appropriate
Carry out appropriate preparation for the weekly MDT meeting.
Assess, review and document the patient’s capacity to make decisions about treatment and document the reason for the decision reached
Make a weekly clinical entry in the medical notes for each patient
Prepare CPA reports for all patients
Due to the commitment to continuous improvement, it is likely that the post will evolve over time. These duties will be subject to regular review and any amendments will be made in consultation and agreement with the post holder.
SCHOEN CLINIC CULTURE:
Our culture of world-class medical excellence is based around our five key values:
Accountable: Taking ownership of the things I say and do
Caring: Treating others as I would like to be treated
Collaborative: Working together to make a winning team
Courageous: Being proud to be different and challenge the norm
Determined: Seeing things through to meet and exceed expectations
Due to the level of applications, we receive for each vacancy. Schoen Clinic reserves the right to offer a position to an exceptional applicant prior to the closing date of the job advert.
Your attention is drawn to the confidential nature of the information collected within Schoen Clinic. The unauthorised use or disclosures of the patient or other personal information is regarded as gross misconduct and will be subject to Schoen Clinics Disciplinary Procedure in the case of computerised information that could result in a prosecution for an offense or action for civil damages under the GDPR Regulations.
Schoen Clinic Newbridge
13th March 2021
- Specialist registration with the General Medical Council and a license to practice
- MRCPsych or equivalent
- Approved Clinician status or willingness to achieve this
- Registration for CPD with the Royal College of Psychiatrists and in good standing
- Knowledge of psychopharmacology as applied to eating disorders
- Knowledge of the physical and nutritional complications of eating disorders and their management
- High degree of self-awareness and ability to reflect on own emotional responses to patients
- Willingness to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Minimum of one years’ experience of eating disorders as a higher trainee or equivalent
- Experience of a variety of psychotherapeutic approaches used in the treatment of eating disorders
- Experience of the management of refeeding in severely underweight patients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Training in one or more psycho-therapeutic modality used in the treatment of eating disorders (Desirable)
- Experience of research and/or teaching (Desirable)
- Relevant publications (Desirable)
- Employer matched pension scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Travel Loan
- Bike Loan
- The opportunity to develop your skills and expertise by working in a specialist environment alongside leading experts
- A chance to be at the forefront of best practice with our award winning approach to quality outcome measurement.
- Be part of new exciting projects to inspire and challenge you