Staff Nurse (Chelsea)
Schoen Clinic Day Centre for Mental Health Chelsea
Our highly specialised outpatient and day clinic treating privately-funded adults, adolescents, and children with eating disorders, anxiety, and depression in Chelsea, London is looking for a high calibre individual who can combine nursing excellence, clinical capabilities, and a caring mentality to join our Chelsea Clinic as a Staff Nurse.
With a passion for patient care, a collaborative work ethic and drive to exceed expectations, our staff nurses are tasked with ensuring that the highest standard of evidence-based nursing care is delivered to all patients and their families.
This role would be ideal for an experienced nurse looking to advance their career in the field of mental health.
To provide the highest quality nursing care for our patients who attend the clinic for the specialist intensive day programmes and outpatient clinics. The clinic supports both young people and adults with an eating disorder and adults who have mood disorders. This role will work predominantly with people on the day programme or attending a specialist clinic. They will typically require either one or more of the following; 1-1 support, group therapy, physical healthcare monitoring and associated key working duties.
- Work with an awareness of the NICE and MARSIPAN guidelines for the treatment of eating disorders in children, young people, and adults.
- Work with an awareness of the NICE guidelines for anxiety and depression.
- Follow the requirements of the Mental Health Act and Children Act.
- Ensure that any legalisation and statutory requirements are complied with and implemented.
- Assist with the highly specialist assessment, admission, and discharge.
- Follow the guidelines for the administration of ECG’S and taking of bloods.
- Establish therapeutic relationships with patients.
- Assist in the development, co-facilitation, and staffing of therapeutic groups.
- Maintain appropriate, supportive, and respectful relationships with carers and family members.
- Contribute to appropriate multi-disciplinary meetings.
- Provide cover where needed to lead MDT.
- Manage the implementation of therapeutic meal provision.
- Demonstrate awareness of Safeguarding principles in all dealings with patients their families and carers.
- Take responsibility for an area clinic management as delegated by the leadership team.
- Take care co-ordinator responsibility for a defined group of patients.
- Ensure that confidentiality is maintained at all times in accordance with the GDPR, The Childrens Act, Safeguarding legislation, the NMC and Schoen Clinic Policy.
- Operate at own level of professional competency.
- Maintain professional boundaries.
- Operate within NMC guidelines.
- Work in accordance and within the principles/guidelines of all aspects of clinical governance.
- Maintain and monitor professional nursing conduct, ensuring that appropriate standards are met.
- Ensure that all professional and clinical issues, which may arise, are escalated appropriately.
- Remain up to date with clinical changes in the field of Eating Disorders, Anxiety and depression.
SCHOEN CLINIC BEHAVIOUR:
Our culture of world-class medical excellence is based around our five key values:
Accountable: Taking ownership of the things I say and do
Caring: Treating others as I would like to be treated
Collaborative: Working together to make a winning team
Courageous: Being proud to be different and challenge the norm
Determined: Seeing things through to meet and exceed expectations
Due to the volumes of applications, we expect to receive, Schoen Clinic London reserves the right to close the job advert before its assigned closing date if we find the ideal candidate for this position.
Due to the commitment to continuous improvement, it is likely that the post will evolve over time. These duties will be subject to regular review and any amendments will be made in consultation and agreement with the post holder.
Although we endeavour to reply to all applicants interested in opportunities here at Schoen Clinic, due to the large number of applicants we receive, we are not always able to reply directly to unsuccessful candidates. Due to this, if you do not hear back from us within 2 weeks of submitting your application, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
Schoen Clinic Day Centre for Mental Health Chelsea
Part Time (0.8)
Up to £36,000 (Full Time Equivalent)
30th October 2020
- Post registration clinical professional development
- Professional registration with NMC
- Experience and ability to function as a specialist practitioner within either adult and child and adolescent services mental health services
- Experience of working in therapeutic and skills based groups
- Able to carry out assessments including risk assessments
- Further training and experience in eating disorders, child development and evidence based treatment interventions as recommended by NICE.
- Competitive salary range
- Employer matched pension scheme.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Travel Loan
- The opportunity to develop your skills and expertise by working in a specialist environment alongside leading experts.
- A chance to be at the forefront of best practice with our award winning approach to quality outcome measurement.
- Be part of new exciting projects to inspire and challenge you