Staff Nurse (Newbridge)
Schoen Clinic Newbridge
To work as part of the multi-disciplinary team the Staff Nurse will provide high-quality support to enable young people to help themselves in their recovery from their eating disorder.
To provide clinical care to the inpatients, according to the treatment plans prescribed by the MDT.
This will involve planning, implementing, assessing and evaluating nursing care, using evidence-based practice. Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team is a key feature of the role, as well as utilising a patient-centred approach, and involving families in planning and implementation of care.
Schoen Clinic Newbridge House is a specialist Eating Disorder unit based in Streetly, Sutton Coldfield, providing in and out-patient services to young people aged 8-18. With an enviable reputation for excellent service provision, we have had significant success through the dedication, innovation, and determination of our talented and close team of professionals. The unit was rated "Outstanding" by the CQC in 2016 and 2018
• Contribute to highly specialist assessment of eating disorders in young people.
• Establish therapeutic relationships with patients.
• Assist in the development, co-facilitation and staffing of therapeutic groups.
• Maintain appropriate, supportive and respectful relationships with carers and family members
• Ensure that confidentiality is maintained at all times in accordance with the General Data Protection Act, The Children Act, Safeguarding legislation, the NMC and Newbridge House Policy.
• Operate at own level of professional competency.
• Contribute to appropriate multi-disciplinary meetings.
• Manage the implementation of therapeutic meal provision.
• Be responsible for the safe storage and administration of medicines and clinical equipment.
• Demonstrate awareness of safeguarding principles in all dealings with young people and their families.
Due to the commitment to continuous improvement, it is likely that the post will evolve over time. These duties will be subject to regular review and any amendments will be made in consultation and agreement with the post holder.
Schoen Clinic Culture
Our culture of world-class medical excellence is based around our five key values:
Accountable Taking ownership of the things I say and do
Caring Treating others as I would like to be treated
Collaborative Working together to make a winning team
Courageous Being proud to be different and challenge the norm
Determined Seeing things through to meet and exceed expectations
Due to the volumes of applications we expect to receive, Schoen Clinic reserves the right to close the job advert before its assigned closing date if we find the ideal candidate for this position.
Whilst Schoen Clinic value the services of recruitment agencies, we do not wish to engage on this occasion. Thank you.
Schoen Clinic Newbridge
Salary up to £28,786 per annum with an annual salary review
26th January 2021
- RMN, and /or Registered Children’s nurse
- Skills in clinical risk assessment.
- Knowledge of Mental Health Act and Children Act.
- Knowledge of NICE guidelines for the treatment of eating disorders.
- Knowledge of Junior Marzipan guidelines for the treatment of eating disorders
- Knowledge of Safeguarding legislation and practice
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries
- Experience of using Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work as an effective team member, displaying a flexible and supportive approach when appropriate.
- Ability to work sensitively with clients, relatives and carers.
- Salary up to £28,786 per annum with an annual salary review
- This is a full time position, working 37.5 hours per week
- 25 days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
- Pension scheme
- Private Medical Insurance