Mr Giuseppe Sforza
Schoen Clinic Orthopaedic and Spinal Hospital London
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon - Hand & Wrist
Mr Sforza is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon who specialises in hand & wrist and shoulder & elbow conditions at Schoen Clinic London.
Mr Sforza studied medicine at the University of Bari, Italy between 1986 and 1992. After his general surgical training, he continued his higher orthopaedic training at the same university. He spent periods of fellowship at Danderyd Hospital - Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden winning a grant from the European Union, and as a visiting fellow at The Southern California Orthopaedic Institute Los Angeles, United States.
In 1999 he was appointed Shoulder and Elbow surgery fellow at the Reading Shoulder Unit at The Royal Berkshire Hospital, where he gained vast experience in shoulder and elbow surgery.
In 2000, after completion of his fellowship at the Reading Shoulder Unit, he returned to Italy and was appointed Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon in Matera, Italy as Head of the Shoulder and Elbow Unit and from 2006 at Policlinico di Bari at the University Hospital.
Since 2001, he has been attending regularly the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, the United States for courses and visiting fellowships under S. O'Driscoll and B. Morrey to improve his knowledge and clinical practice in elbow surgery.
In 2004, Mr Sforza joined the Reading Shoulder Unit, in 2007, he was appointed Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon in Redditch, Worchester NHS Trust.
In 2013, he completed a Master in Hand and Wrist surgery at the University of Milan, Italy.
Mr Sforza has published in peer-reviewed Journals more than 30 scientific papers and has given over 200 scientific and teaching presentations in national and international meetings. He has written chapters for books on shoulder surgery and has been invited to lecture in Europe and elsewhere including several prestigious scientific societies, such as ICSS, SECEC, EFORT, SICSEG, SIA, SIOT. He presents regularly, both nationally and internationally on shoulder and elbow surgery, wrist and sports injuries.
He has organised several international and national courses and meetings on shoulder and elbow surgery for arthroscopic surgery, shoulder arthroplasty and rehabilitation of the upper limb.
He is an invited reviewer for the Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery and is involved in higher surgical training for the fellowship program in the Reading Shoulder and Elbow Centre.
Mr Sforza consistently collects outcome surgery forms pre and postoperatively to record the outcome of his surgical procedure and follow specialist societies protocols and guidelines to achieves the best possible surgical outcome using evidence-based treatments and minimally invasive surgical techniques and implants.
Mr Sforza's Secretary Direct Email; email@example.com
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Fellowship and Master of Surgery training in Shoulder, Elbow, Wrist and Hand Surgery
- Upper limb sports injuries
- Arthroscopic shoulder surgery impingement and AC Joint arthritis
- Adhesive capsulitis (frozen shoulder), Hydrodilatation, and Arthroscopic Capsular Release
- Arthroscopic cuff repair, patches implant and tendon transfer
- Open and Arthroscopic shoulder reconstruction for instability of soft tissue and bone block techniques
- Complex shoulder arthroplasty including reverse geometry arthroplasty and revision using minimal invasive implants
- Traumatic shoulder reconstruction, open and arthroscopic reduction and internal fixation for fractures
- Clavicle fractures or dislocations
- Sternoclavicular joint stabilization and arthroscopy
- Elbow arthroscopy, capsular release, tennis or golfer’s elbow release
- Elbow osteo-arthrocapsular release for osteoarthritis
- Elbow open and arthroscopic reduction and internal fixation for fractures
- Elbow partial and total arthroplasty
- Traumatic elbow fixation and ligament reconstruction
- Degenerative wrist surgery, ligament reconstruction
- Traumatic wrist repair and fixation
- Wrist arthroscopy
- TFCC repairs
- Excision of ganglia
- Joint fusion or proximal row carpectomy
- Carpal instability and fracture treatment
- Scaphoid fractures and non-union
- Hand fracture
- Dupuytren’s palmar fasciectomy
- Nerve entrapment (carpal tunnel syndrome, ulnar nerve release)