What treatments and services do we offer?
As an award-winning private hospital in London delivering first-class diagnosis and treatment, we offer a wide range of services for adults with orthopaedic and spine problems.
Our wide-reaching private orthopaedic doctors in London ensure that every patient has access to the very best treatments and clinical outcomes. As a results-driven orthopaedic and spine hospital in London, all our Specialist care is based on the latest evidence and cutting-edge research.
Some of the most popular treatments we offer with some of the best orthopaedic doctors in London include:
- Back and spine – covering everything from back pain to scoliosis to complex spinal surgery such as spinal fusion.
- Foot and ankle – covering everything from ankle ligament injuries to minimally invasive (keyhole) bunion surgery to ankle replacement.
- Hand and wrist – covering everything from trigger finger to carpal tunnel to wrist fractures.
- Hip treatment and surgery – covering everything from hip pain to hip PAO surgery to hip replacement surgery.
- Knee treatment and surgery - covering everything from ACL rupture to knee arthroscopy to knee replacement surgery.
- Shoulder and elbow – covering everything from golfer's elbow to rotator cuff surgery to shoulder replacement surgery.
- Sports & exercise medicine - covering everything from a pulled hamstring to elite athletes to bone fractures.
We see all orthopaedic and spine problems and sports injuries, contact our self-pay team in London today to find out more by calling +44 20 4571 9728 or emailing email@example.com
Why pay for private healthcare and treatment at Schoen Clinic London?The benefits of paying for your own treatment
As a self-funding patient at Schoen Clinic London, you will receive a first-class service. From the Consultant-led care, to the chef-prepared food you will eat in your private en-suite bedroom, we pride ourselves on our world-leading service.
Here at the Schoen Clinic, we strive to help you feel like a guest, as well as a patient.
As well as not having to wait for treatment, there are many benefits to paying for your own healthcare, which is why more and more people are choosing to do so.
At Schoen Clinic London, you will:
- Return to optimum health and mobility faster with expert diagnosis and minimal waits for treatment.
- Have consultations, diagnostic tests, treatments, surgery, and physiotherapy right here in our London hospital.
- Choose which world-class Consultant you would like to see.
- Have access to the very best evidence-based treatments which may not be available on the NHS.
- Enjoy our chef-prepared food centred around nutritional benefit post-surgery.
- Receive thorough aftercare and support.
- Feel confident about costs with our transparent pricing.
- Receive support from our onsite private patient team, every step of the way.
- Have the option to spread the cost with pay monthly plans.
Our aim is simple: give you fast access to orthopaedic or spine treatments with some of the best specialists in the UK.
Contact us today, appointments available in as little as 24 hours.
What is a self-pay patient?
A self-pay patient is anyone who chooses to pay for their private healthcare and treatment. If you choose to fund treatment yourself, you can access the best medical care in London without the need for health insurance.
If you want to pay for your treatment as you go and avoid monthly premiums, becoming a self-funding patient could be perfect for you.
What are the benefits of paying for your own treatment?
As well as not having to wait for treatment, there are many benefits to paying for your own healthcare, which is why more people are choosing to do so.
If you pay for treatment privately, you can still access the best medical healthcare without having to pay insurance premiums. Self-paying is also well suited to people with pre-existing medical conditions not covered by insurance.
Other benefits include:
- Short waiting times - Rather than waiting in pain and discomfort, by self-paying for private healthcare, you can access world-class private healthcare with no delays.
- Fast access to highly specialised treatment - As well as minimal waiting times, you get access to the latest treatments which may not be available on the NHS. When you self-fund treatment with us, you receive a bespoke treatment plan completely personal to you. You'll stay in a spotlessly clean and comfortable room, benefit from the latest innovative medical technology and benefit from our enhanced recovery options.
- You can choose your Consultant - When you go through the NHS or your health insurance provider, more often than not, you do not get to choose which Consultant you see for treatment. If you decide to pay for private healthcare, you choose the right expert for you.
- Bespoke treatment plans - Here at the Schoen Clinic, we understand that every patient is different. That is why we do not offer a one-size-fits-all approach, but a totally unique, personalised treatment plan which is tailored to you. During your consultations, we will discuss with you your medical history, symptoms and the results you are looking for.
Once we understand that, we will create a personal treatment plan to get you back on your feet again.
Pay as you go healthcare is exactly that – rather than paying monthly for health insurance premiums. It is also referred to as self-pay and funding your own treatment.
Yes. We understand that paying for anything in one lump sum can be tricky, which is why we have partnered with Chrysalis Finance to offer our patients convenient pay monthly payment plans.
If you choose to finance your treatment with us, you can spread the cost over 6 or 60 months, it is entirely up to you.
A referral is preferable but not essential if you are self-funding treatment. The British Medical Association recommends you seek a referral from your GP as they know your medical history but we can always see you and write to your GP retrospectively.
We understand that when you are in pain, you don't want to wait for treatment and that's why appointments are usually available in as little as 24 hours.
What do I need to do to fund my healthcare privately?
Funding your own treatment at Schoen Clinic London is simple.
Just follow these three simple steps:
Choose your Consultant
Find the right expert London Consultant for you. Then give our self-pay team a call on +44 20 4571 9835 or use the online form to make an enquiry. Our highly experienced team can talk you through all aspects of accessing and paying for treatment at Schoen Clinic London, including if you need a GP referral and answer any questions you may have.
Have your consultation
You could see a Consultant in as little as 24 hours.
During your appointment as a self-funding patient, your consultant will discuss your symptoms, medical history, and proposed treatment plan with you.
Depending on your condition and whether you've had tests or scans before, your Consultant may suggest some diagnostic tests or scans to confirm the diagnosis to recommend the best treatment. Tests will carry additional charges and you will be advised of these prior to anything taking place.
Following your consultation, we offer you an all-inclusive procedure price if a procedure is required. For your peace of mind, this covers all of your treatment costs, including aftercare, so you do not have to worry about unexpected or hidden expenses when you fund your treatment privately.
Schedule your treatment
If you are happy with your treatment plan and the all-inclusive procedure price and are ready to proceed with our self-pay healthcare, we will arrange a convenient treatment date for you. Payment for your procedure must be made ahead of your admission, to allow you to concentrate fully on your recovery.
We also take payment by card over the phone, just give our friendly hospital finance team a call on the number below:
To pay your invoice by card over the phone: +442039291066
Please note from 1st June 2022, we are longer accepting cash or cheque payments. Handling cash carries security, fraud and error risks so we've introduced a convenient online payment service in addition to card payments over the phone and bank transfers.
Choose Schoen Clinic for open, transparent, fixed-price surgery packages
An initial self-pay consultation with one of our specialists usually costs £250-£350 on average.
A GP referral is preferable but not essential if you are funding your own treatment as your Consultant can write to your GP retrospectively. Any tests or scans carried out will incur additional charges, which you will be made aware of in advance.
What does my fixed-price surgery package include?
- Your pre-operative assessment
- Hospital fees (which includes nursing care, medications, dressings, accommodation and chef-prepared food while onsite as an inpatient)
- Surgeon fees
- Anaesthetist fees
- Standard prosthesis
- Inpatient physiotherapy
- One follow-up consultation (as required)
How do I pay for my surgery?
At Schoen Clinic London, we've made it as easy as possible to access our treatments and services. That is why we have a range of different ways for you to pay as a self-funding patient. They include:
- Bank transfer
- Credit or debit over the phone by calling us directly
- Pay monthly payment plans with our partner Chrysalis Finance
- Pay your bill online using your credit or debit card
Please note, prices featured are guide prices only and can vary based on individual factors such as pre-existing health conditions, advanced prosthesis choices or extended length of stay. Individual treatment costs will be confirmed after your initial consultation.
What are the most common procedures and how much do they cost for self-funding patients?
Lumbar disc prolapse (1 or 2 levels) - £8,150 or £182 per month*
Decompression for central spinal stenosis (1 or 2 levels) - £8,120 or £181 per month*
Facet joint injection under x-ray control (1 or 2 joints) - £2,155 or £48 per month*
Lumbar epidural injection - £1,650 or £36 per month*
Sacral root block under x-ray control - £2,025 or £45 per month*
Pay monthly information
*Prices are for illustration purposes only based on a Chrysalis Finance loan over 60 months at 12.9%APR.
Representative Example: Total amount of credit £8,150.00, total amount repayable £10,926.60, repayable by 60 monthly payments of £182.11 at an interest rate of 12.9% per annum variable. Representative 12.9% APR variable. Example based upon lumbar disc prolapse costing £8,150 repayable over 60 months. Terms and conditions apply. Acceptance is subject to credit status.
Book an appointment today. We're waiting to help youWorld-class orthopaedic and spine treatments
Schoen Clinic London is an award-winning, specialist private hospital focused on world-class orthopaedic and spine treatment for adults. We're rated ‘Good’ in all areas by the CQC, so you can be confident that you're getting the best treatment when you have your consultation with us.
We offer fast appointments with a Consultant expert (sometimes same-day or in as little as 24 hours) and there are minimal waiting times for private tests, scans and surgery.
Let us get you back on the road to recovery.