Manoj Sood is a leading Specialist Hip and Knee Surgeon who treats all Hip and Knee conditions as well as Sports injuries. He is in his 16th year of Specialist Consultant Practice and has trained internationally, including in Centres of Excellence in North America. He has gained recognition as a Top Doctor by his peers and his huge experience means that he is often sought out to provide opinions on more difficult and complex cases.
Manoj is recognised by his patients as a clear communicator and provides them with jargon-free explanations about their conditions and about all relevant treatment options. This includes all non-surgical options. He believes passionately in reconstructing and preserving joints and in biological treatments, but when the time comes, he is also a recognised expert in hip and knee replacement surgeon. He has performed over 1700 hip and knee replacements and is pleased to have excellent outcomes with a very low complication rate as shown in the UK National Joint Registry.
As well as dealing with more routine cases, he has a referral practice dealing with the most complex and challenging cases and is a fellowship-trained specialist in re-doing hip and knee replacements that have failed (revision surgery). He has performed over 200 revision Hip and Knee procedures
Manoj treats also treats all lower limb Sports injuries in athletes and weekend warriors and has an interest in the treatment of Tendon Pain especially Tendinopathies.
Read patients experiences or review your experience with Mr Sood at Schoen Clinic London.
Training and Awards:
- Medical training at Guys Hospital in London qualifying in 1992
- Orthopaedic training at The Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital where he spent time as Lecturer to the Professorial Unit.
- Higher training as a visiting Senior Clinical Fellow in Hip and Knee Surgery in two Centres of excellence in North America, training under two of most renowned hip and knee surgeons in the world. At the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota, he worked with Dr Dan Berry and at Mount Sinai Hospital in Toronto with Prof Alan Gross.
- Has been awarded 3 NHS Clinical excellence awards
- Active in research, publishing and presenting his research work regularly at National and International conferences.
- Involved in training and assessing the next generation of Orthopaedic surgeons. Undergraduate Surgical Tutor in Orthopaedics for the School of Medicine at Cambridge University and an Examiner at The Royal College of Surgeons of England.
- Involved in the design of surgical instruments, including a specialist device used in re-do hip replacement surgery.