Your patient journey: Step-by-step
Having read about our services you may feel Schoen Clinic York is the right place for you.
As such we need a written referral from a healthcare professional, such as a Consultant Psychiatrist, Care Coordinator or Social Worker. So we would recommend you speak with them about the option of being referred to Schoen Clinic York.
If you're not engaged with any services and do not currently have a healthcare professional working with you, we would recommend you go and see your GP who is the person best positioned to help you get support.
Once a referral is received, our consultant and clinical team will check you are suitable for treatment at Schoen Clinic York. You will then be invited in for an assessment, we will liaise with you to arrange a suitable time for this to take place. This will also provide you with the opportunity to see the unit.
On admission we will work with you to develop your care plan, focusing on preparing you for a successful discharge, which consists of a programme of group and individual sessions that is right for you.
Why choose us?
- We are specialists in mental health, choosing to specialise in particular areas of healthcare because we believe expertise delivers the best treatments and outcomes.
- We offer an open, calming environment designed to enable your recovery and independence.
- We are internationally renowned for our award winning approach to outcome measurement. Our aim is to give every patient the prospect of a better quality of life and we do this by rigorously collecting, measuring and analysing patient outcome data to drive continuous improvement.
- We put patients at the centre of everything we do, treating every patient as a partner in their care and tailoring our approach to your individual needs.
- We place large emphasis on your friends and family, inviting them to be part of your recovery and providing support for them too.
- Our specialists work together as a multidisciplinary team for the benefit of every patient, discussing individual cases and planning the best treatment pathway for you.