Osteoarthritis of the knee symptoms
- Pain during longer walks or when going up and downstairs.
- Swelling in the knee capsule is often present.
- Occasional pain at the back of the knee, due to a Bakers Cyst.
- Sometimes the knee can become unstable too and keep giving way on certain movements.
- In the early stage, the knee may be swollen and may hurt during activity.
- If more advanced, it can even cause pain at rest. Eventually, you may hear grinding and crunching noises in the knees on movement.