Schoen Clinic Newbridge have a fantastic brand new opportunity for Nursing Associates on a full time basis.
Nursing Associates will bridge the gap between Senior Healthcare Assistants and Staff Nurses. Nurse Associates work as a vital part of the wider nursing team.
As a qualified Nursing Associate, you will work as part of the multi-disciplinary team providing support to enable young people to help themselves in their recovery from their eating disorder. The post holder will contribute in providing high quality nursing care to the inpatients and families on a day-to-day basis. This will involve working within the sphere of nursing and care and within all aspects of the nursing process. You will deliver treatment to the young people suffering with an eating disorder under the supervision of the nursing team.
- Work with an awareness of Junior Marzipan guidelines for the treatment of eating disorders.
- Follow the requirements of the Mental Health Act and Children Act.
- Contribute to highly specialist assessment of eating disorders in young people, under close supervision of the Nursing team/Lead Nurse.
- Establish therapeutic relationships with patients.
- Assist in the development, co-facilitation and staffing of therapeutic groups.
- Maintain appropriate, supportive and respectful relationships with carers and family members.
- Contribute to appropriate multi-disciplinary meetings.
- Manage the implementation of therapeutic meal provision.
- Be responsible for the safe storage and administration of medicines and clinical equipment.
- Demonstrate awareness of safeguarding principles in all dealings with young people and their families.
OUR AWARDS & NOMINATIONS
HOSPITAL GROUP OF YEAR - WINNER
Nursing Practice (Schoen Clinic Newbridge)
Healthcare Outcomes (Schoen Clinic Newbridge)
Management Excellence (Schoen Clinic UK)
Hospital (Schoen Clinic London)
HOSPITAL - WINNER
Hospital Group (Schoen Clinic London)
Nursing Practice (Schoen Clinic London)
Schoen Clinic Culture
Our culture of world-class medical excellence is based around our five key values:
Accountable Taking ownership of the things I say and do
Caring Treating others as I would like to be treated
Collaborative Working together to make a winning team
Courageous Being proud to be different and challenge the norm
Determined Seeing things through to meet and exceed expectations
Schoen Clinic Newbridge BirminghamJob Type
Permanent, Full TimeCategory
up to £24,000Closing Date
01 December 2023Benefits
Salary up to £24,000 with an annual salary review 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays Professional development opportunities Contributory pension scheme Enhanced Private Medical Insurance with BUPA including access to a private GP service, free screening & the inclusion of pre-existing conditions. Eye care scheme with Specsavers Online benefits portal with high street and online shopping discounts Cycle to work scheme Group Life Assurance Enhanced maternity & paternity pay Paid emergency leave Occupational Sick Pay above SSP Interest free season ticket loans Employee Assistance Programme with wellbeing support
- Qualified Nursing associate
- Evidence of continued professional development.
- Skills in clinical risk assessment.
- Knowledge of Mental Health Act and Children Act.
- Knowledge of NICE guidelines for the treatment of eating disorders.
- Knowledge of Junior Marzipan guidelines for the treatment of eating disorders
- Knowledge of Safeguarding legislation and practice
- Ability to demonstrate skills in the assessment of patients.
- Ability to demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to ensure safe practice.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of setting standards and achieving a quality service.
- Demonstrate an awareness and commitment to equality and diversity.
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries.
- Experience of using Microsoft Office products
- Ability to organise and prioritise time effectively.
- Ability to work as an effective team member, displaying supportive approach when appropriate.
- Ability to work sensitively with clients, relatives and carers.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative.
- Promote the welfare of children and young people
- Ability to contribute towards colleague induction, mentorship and support of other colleagues
- A good working knowledge of NICE guidelines for the treatment of eating disorders.
- A good working knowledge of Junior Marzipan guidelines for the treatment of eating disorders.
- Knowledge of eating disorder treatments
- To be able co-ordinate the various contributions of other team members.
- Using an electronic patient record system.
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team.