Professor Hubert Lacey
Professor Hubert Lacey is Director of Research and Medical Advisor who specialises in eating disorders at Schoen Clinic UK.
He is Professor of Psychiatry at St George’s, University of London. He is Director of the St George’s Eating Disorders Service in London which is the largest eating disorders unit in the UK, offering inpatient, day-patient and outpatient programmes, together with postgraduate training programmes for staff.
Professor Lacey is an authority on the clinical management of eating disorders in the UK. He is known internationally for his expertise in the treatment of anorexia and bulimia nervosa. He has wide experience in the treatment of obesity, addictive and self-damaging behaviour, personality problems and neuroses.
- Elected to the Court of Electors and Council of the Royal College of Psychiatrists Founded the European Council on Eating Disorders, which is the European cross-national organisation.
- Was President of the International College of Psychosomatic Medicine.
- Developed three eating disorders services in the UK into a clinical and research network.
- Established and leads a development unit to design new services nationally.
- Received the NHS Modernisation Award for the clinical management of eating disorders.
- Is Patron of the Eating Disorders Association, the national association for carers and sufferers.