Dr Tara Tofiq
Schoen Clinic Centre for Mental Health Chelsea
Consultant Psychiatrist - Anxiety & mood disorders
Dr Tara Tofiq is a General Adult Consultant Psychiatrist at Schoen Clinic Chelsea in London.
She has extensive experience in the assessment and treatment of adults with mental health conditions working both in outpatient and inpatient settings and specialist services.
Dr Tofiq trained at the Maudsley Hospital and the Institute of Psychiatry, working through a variety of specialist posts with leaders in the field. During her professional career, Dr Tofiq has held positions in the NHS as a Consultant in General Adult Psychiatry and Eating Disorders. Through these posts, she has gained experience in treating the full spectrum of mental health conditions, from mild to severe and enduring illness. She works with adults and young people presenting with eating disorders and offers diagnostic assessments for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).
She believes in taking a person-centred approach alongside an individually tailored treatment plan. While a diagnosis is useful in devising a treatment plan, each patient has unique needs, preferences and circumstances and this is taken into consideration when creating a personalised treatment plan to support the patient in their recovery journey.
Dr Tofiq is a proponent of holistic approaches and uses a combination of evidenced-based treatments and therapeutic modalities alongside psychoeducation, mindfulness and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT).
Dr Tofiq welcomes self-funding and privately insured patients to her practice at Schoen Clinic Chelsea in London. To book an appointment, just call +442031462300 or email email@example.com
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Diagnostic assessments for ADHD/ADD
- Anxiety disorders (including health anxiety, social anxiety and general anxiety)
- Mood disorders (including depression and bipolar affective disorder)
- Eating disorders (including Binge Eating Disorder (BED), anorexia, bulimia and ARFID)
- Substance addiction and misuse disorders
- Adult Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) / Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorders (including agoraphobia)
- Work-related stress
- Adjustment disorders (including life transitions, major life events, divorce, parenting, chronic medical conditions)
- Stress reactions
- Sleep problems (including insomnia)
- Marriage difficulties
- Relationship counselling