Dr Margherita Tanzarella
Schoen Clinic Centre for Mental Health Chelsea
Consultant Psychiatrist - Mental Health Conditions
Schoen Clinic Chelsea Clinics; Thursday evenings.
Dr Margherita Tanzarella is a private London Consultant Psychiatrist specialising in mental health conditions, offering private adult ADHD diagnostic assessments and treatment at Schoen Clinic Chelsea.
Dr Tanzarella has extensive experience in mental health conditions having specialised in the area for over 15 years. After graduating from medical school in Italy, she completed her core training in psychiatry and higher training with the North London training scheme, part of which included general medicine and surgery.
It was during her higher training that she developed a keen interest in helping individuals with neurodevelopmental disorders, such as Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and went on to complete additional training at the Royal Free Hospital where she worked with adults with enduring mental illnesses.
Dr Tanzarella is trained in psychodynamic psychotherapy, CBT and Cognitive Analytic Therapy. Her specialist skills include the assessment and management of common mental health disorders in adults and she is highly skilled in the assessment and management of ADHD and in prescribing and monitoring ADHD medication.
Dr Tanzarella is part of our highly experienced ADHD team at Schoen Clinic Chelsea and offers full diagnostic assessments for adults with suspected ADHD.
Dr Tanzarella welcomes self-funding patients to her Schoen Clinic Chelsea practice. Book an appointment today by calling 0203 146 2300 or complete our pre-screening questionnaire online anytime to suit you.
Areas of expertise
- Diagnostic assessments for ADHD/ADD
- Anxiety disorders (Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD), Social Anxiety and Health Anxiety)
- Bipolar Affective Disorder
Training and Qualifications
- MBBS equivalent with Honours, University of Bari, Italy
- MRCPsych Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Specialist Register and completion of specialist training CCT (GMC General Medical Council)
- Approved Clinician under the terms of the Mental Health Act 1983
- Postgraduate Certificate in Healthcare Leadership (NHS, Mary Seacole).