Mr Colin Natali
Schoen Clinic Orthopaedic and Spinal Hospital London
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon I Director of Spine Surgery - Back & Spine
Mr Natali is the Director of Spine Surgery at Schoen Clinic London
Mr Natali is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon specialising in back and spine conditions at Schoen Clinic London. As Director of Spine Surgery, he oversees a world-class multidisciplinary team of spinal experts providing the latest care in treating conditions of the back and spine.
As a trainee, Mr Natali enjoyed the challenges of spinal disorders so much that he travelled to Brisbane where he undertook a fellowship in spine surgery. Having gained his fellowship training he was appointed as a Consultant at St Bartholomew’s and the Royal London Hospital. During this time, he was involved in the Helicopter Emergency Service, dealing with high energy spinal trauma as well as coping with the increasing demand of the local population’s demands for back and neck pain treatment.
In addition, Mr Natali was the Programme Director for the Royal London Hospital Orthopaedic Rotation, having over 30 trainees at any one time on the rotation.
After 22 years as an NHS Consultant, Mr Natali became a full-time independent consultant dealing with private patients but has maintained his NHS input by developing a Choose and Book Spinal Service at a nearby private hospital.
In his search for ever better ways of delivering care, Mr Natali invented a novel system for spinal fusion, that with the help of a surgical company (K2M) has become a recognised system of retractors known as “Ravine”.
Mr Natali’s interest in multidisciplinary care led him to bring over a system of treatment and set up a physiotherapy company that produced research and answers about the conservative care for back and neck pain.
- Mr Natali is very active in education and gives regular lectures to groups of health care professionals
- Mr Natali sees and treats adult patients with all conditions affecting the spine
- He is a keen advocate of non-operative treatment and is heavily involved in a multidisciplinary approach
- Mr Natali regularly provides second opinions for spinal conditions • He trains consultants both nationally and internationally in minimally invasive spinal techniques.
- He is actively involved with the design and development of spinal implants and approach techniques and is currently involved in retractor design as well as innovative models for implants.
Mr Natali's Secretary Direct Email; email@example.com
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Spine surgery including sciatica
- Conventional open spine surgery
- Back and neck pain
- Disc prolapse
- Spinal fusion
- Minimal access surgery
- Endoscopic discectomy
- Transforaminal interbody fusion (TLIF)
- Posterior lumbar interbody fusion (PLIF)
- Cervical discectomy
- Spondylolysis and spondylolisthesis
- X-ray guided injections