Mr Natali has been appointed Head of Department, Spine Surgery at Schoen Clinic London overseeing our spine team to provide the best possible care for those experiencing pain anywhere in the spine.
Mr Natali is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon who as a trainee enjoyed the challenges of spinal disorders so much that he travelled to Brisbane where he undertook a fellowship in spine surgery. Having gained his fellowship training he was appointed as a Consultant at St Bartholomew’s and The Royal London Hospital. During this time, he was involved in the Helicopter Emergency Service, dealing with high energy spinal trauma as well as coping with the increasing demand of the local population’s need for back and neck pain treatment.
In addition Mr Natali was the Programme Director for The Royal London Hospital Orthopaedic Rotation, having over 30 trainees at any one time on the rotation.
After 22 years as an NHS Consultant, Mr Natali became a full-time independent consultant but has maintained his NHS input by developing a NHS e-Referral Spinal Service at a private hospital.
In his search for ever better ways of delivering care, Mr Natali invented a novel system for spinal fusion, that with the help of a surgical company (K2M) has become a recognised system of retractors known as “Ravine”.
Mr Natali’s interest in multi-disciplinary care led him to introduce a system of treatment and set up a physiotherapy company that produced research and answers about conservative care for back and neck pain.
Training and Awards:
- Mr Natali is very active in education and gives regular lectures to groups of health care professionals.
- Mr Natali sees and treats adult patients with all conditions affecting the spine.
- He is a keen advocate of non-operative treatment and is heavily involved in a multi-disciplinary approach.
- Mr Natali regularly provides second opinions for spinal conditions.
- He trains consultants both nationally and internationally in minimally invasive spinal techniques.
- He is actively involved with the design and development of spinal implants and approach techniques and is currently involved in retractor design as well as innovative models for implants.