Our award winning Orthopaedic and Spinal Hospital in the heart of London, is looking for an exceptional individual who can provide full Arabic interpreting support services both oral and written including cultural support to international patients and their families. This role involves complex medical interpreting, including complex interpretation of conditions directly to the patient and their families.
This role would be perfect for someone with a passion for patient liaison. Someone who knows how to build relationships and has a drive to meet expectations, determination to succeed and a collaborative work ethic. The successful candidate will also need to be resilient, be committed to providing the highest standard of patient care and be caring in their approach.
- To provide close liaison between all major Embassies and Health Offices in London, ensuring that patient needs are cared for at all times,
- To manage referrals from international sources (Embassies, health offices, self-pay)
- To manage consultants expectations with regards to the overseas business,
- To provide administrative and liaison services to patients, consultants and embassies to facilitate the overall care to international patients,
- To support with Embassy authorisations and payment,
- To help with overseas patients in respect of their day to day needs,
- To assist with development of literature and promotional material and represent Schoen Clinic at promotional events,
- To provide translation service for Middle Eastern patients when required,
- To facilitate interpretation / translation service for other languages as required e.g. via agencies
- To undertake any other duties as required within the scope of the international business department
- Ability to recognise potential or existing problems and refer to appropriate staff
- Able to resolve queries in a timely and efficient manner
- To be flexible in approach, working alongside the needs of our patients to deliver exceptional patient care.
Schoen Clinic Orthopaedic and Spinal Hospital LondonJob Type
£16.00 - £20.00 per hourClosing Date
30 May 2022Benefits
The opportunity to develop your skills and expertise by working in a specialist environment alongside leading experts. A chance to be at the forefront of best practice with our award winning approach to quality outcome measurement. Be part of new exciting projects to inspire and challenge you
- To work and deliver high-quality professional interpretation/translation under pressure and meeting deadlines
- Experience in a similar role in the private hospital market
- Organisational skills to structure workload in the best possible way
- Good writing skills and an excellent command of both written and spoken English and Arabic
- Excellent IT skills