To provide an efficient, effective, professional, co-ordination, administration and monitoring the implementation of the internal processes and statutory procedures required for the registration, admission and treatment of patients detained in accordance with the regulations schedules of the Mental health Act (MHA) 1983 amended 2007.
To provide co-ordination of the referrals to Schoen Clinic Newbridge alongside the referrals and admissions team.
To provide clinical administration support to the admin team as required.
- Ensure patients, relatives, legal representatives, and official agencies are provided with the information and documentation required for the detention, registration, and admission of an individual under the provisions of the MHA.
- Liaise with clinicians, allied professionals, patients, their families, legal representatives, and official agencies. Receiving, responding to enquires and requests for information in accordance with company policies and statutory regulations.
- Co-ordinates the accurate, timely completion, processing of section papers and associated documentation.Ensuring the relevant information, signatures and permissions are obtained and recorded in accordance with the requirements of the MHA and code of practice.
- As the Mental Health Act Administrator, you will arrange hearings for Mental Health Tribunals and Hospital Managers Reviews.To be responsible for notifying all parties, obtaining reports, negotiate hearing dates, venue, providing and processing documentation in line with MHA Code of Practice and procedures.
- Arrange and organise all associated meetings ensuring the effective and timely production, collation, distribution of reports, minutes, and other relevant documentation.
- Ensure all referrals received via NHS portal / private are processed and given to the referrals team for reviewing.
- To provide general administration as delegated by the PA/Lead Administrator.
Schoen Clinic Newbridge BirminghamJob Type
Full Time, PermanentCategory
£18,825 to £19,514Closing Date
29 September 2022Benefits
Salary up to £19,514 with an annual salary review | 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays | Professional development opportunities | Contributory pension scheme | Enhanced Private Medical | Insurance with BUPA including access to a private GP service, free screening & the inclusion of pre-existing conditions. | Eye care scheme with Specsavers | Online benefits portal with high street and online shopping discounts | Cycle to work scheme | Group Life Assurance | Enhanced maternity & paternity pay | Paid emergency leave | Occupational Sick Pay above SSP | Interest free season ticket loans | Employee Assistance Programme with wellbeing support
- Strong understanding and respect for confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office and other IT systems
- Self-motivated and self-starter with the ability to prioritise and schedule work independently
- Highly organised, detail orientated and analytical
- Maintains a professional conduct at all times, remaining calm and in control
- Experience in a reception/administration role
- Experience as an Administrator working in a team orientated office environment